Thread: treating mites

Hybrid View

Default treating mites

I see all these talks about using oxlic acid, grease patties, powder sugar to treat mites on Honey bees. All these are great I am sure but not if you dont know how to use any of them. Can you guys give me references on where to go look these different styles up and also let me know what works best for you. Explain how to use what you talking about as most new bee keepers dont have a clue what your talking about.,

Default Re: treating mites

Powder sugar is simple, sprinkle on bees in the early and late stages of the season. Beekeeping for dummies second I got it last night, read the whole thing. Pretty good stuff.

you ask 10 beeks same question an you'al get 12 differant answers what works for you

I'd probably start right here in the forum and do some searches. For instance, if you wanted to treat with oxalic acid then do a search on that. You'll quickly find a couple of different approaches. Decide on the approach that you might want to learn more about and do a more specific search. If it really intrigues you, post a specific question. That will help reduce the overly broad answers that we get when we post overly broad questions!

Here's a search link dealing with how to apply powdered sugar. It's a good search because it deals with the specific question (how to apply powdered sugar), the search function of the board and it includes outside links and opinions.

http://www.beesource.com/forums/show...powdered+sugar

Hope this helps!
    "My wife always wanted girls. Just not thousands and thousands of them......"

Hasn't sugar dusting been debunked a little or is it still thought of as effective?