Default Hello from Texas

Hello all. I'm new to beekeeping... sorta. I'm looking to set up my own hive as a hobby. I once had to "look after" an indoor observation hive for the local botanical garden which was not your typical hive, of course, but developed an affection and respect for honey bees. So, I'm starting at the bottom and have no idea what I will need to even get started as to what DIY or kits are best. I look forward to learning enormous amounts from you all.

Default Re: Hello from Texas

Welcome! Great information here.

Welcome Circ!
    americasbeekeeper.com
    beekeeper@americasbeekeeper.com

Welcome Circeae! In addition to the wealth of information available here, you might like to consider joining a local beekeeping association. You might even be able to "help" an experienced beekeeper, gaining hands-on experience and training along the way.
    Jeanette
    HiveTasks Software for beekeepers

Thanks guys. I've already gotten tons of information just "bee-searching" the forum and sites all this last week and getting lots of very helpful answers. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to locate any local or even regional bee clubs in this area, but I still plan to power onward, through the fog. Thanks for the welcomes.

~Circ

Hello and welcome from the great state of oklahoma..lots of great info on here ..Id say READ READ READ READ READ READ AND JOIN A local bee club that will help you alot ..Also i make alot of hives from scrap lumber i find this is a great way too get wood ...