Thread: Hello from Wi

Hybrid View

Default Hello from Wi

Hello,

The thought of keeping bees popped into my head while looking for a mead wine recipe. So here we are.....

My wife and I are still deciding if we want to try to keep bees. We have visited a local bookstore and purchased a couple of books for newbees.

I have read a few of the threads here and found myself overwhelmed. This is mostly due to not knowing all of the terminology.

There are two beekeepers close to me that I would like to use as a resource. I haven’t contacted them yet so we will see if they are willing. If not there sure is plenty of information here that I could sift through for answers.

This I do know. I will have questions....... I just don’t know what they are yet.

Thanks Steve
    Last edited by Steve zone 5 WI; 01-01-2013 at 07:16 PM. Reason: spell check

Default Re: Hello from Wi

Welcome to Beesource!

If you haven't seen it yet, you may find that the "How to Start Beekeeping" subforum has some threads that may help.
    http://www.beesource.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?275-How-to-Start-Beekeeping

And there is a glossary, here:
    http://www.beesource.com/forums/show...eping-Glossary
    ultracrepidarian >> noting or pertaining to a person who criticizes, judges, or gives advice outside of his expertise

Hello Steve, welcome to the forum. There are several WI beekeepers happy to give answers based on the local conditions and resources.
    Roger Crum
    Bristol, WI

Welcome! You might be more of a newbie than me! lol I have been "studying" for a couple of weeks.

Welcome Steve!
    americasbeekeeper.com
    beekeeper@americasbeekeeper.com

Steve-

Join your local beekeepers association, you will find many new and experienced beekeepers there who will be glad to help a new beekeeper. The Waupaca County Beekeepers association meets at the Iola Community Center on the third Wednesday of the month. Contact Philip Zinke (715-445-3331) for more info.
    life is finite while knowledge is infinite. - Zhuang Zi