Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: CA ag check stations

we switch out all our hives onto power washed pallets. we pick up each hive on a cart and brush off all ants spiders dirt etc. with a toilet brush. the pallets are on tarps in the beeyards and then on black plastic in the semi holding yard. there are ports that are better than others to go through. going through needles would be foolish

Seems like your almond growers could do something as 'Kalifornians' that would help you get there to help him pollinate his almonds.....?
    LeeB
    I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up :)

We did make it through ok, but just barely. I took the truck to a car wash before. The guy that did the official inspection was nice and said it was ok, but some lady in the both was talking about how dirty they were and did not want to let them through but it was hard to find any dirt. some people are just difficult.

I still think they are getting kickbacks from the pressure wash guys there. i haveca long pist pn here about my experiences and being refused entry with NEW pallets and after telling head guy in sacremento that I was flyi g to CA andcwould probably be in jail i his county and he in hospital the next day eithkn 5 minutes my loadcwad released and let in. So why do I have to loose temper and go off the deep end to get what was the right thing in the first place accomplished? They didnt even know hive beetles flew...how do you regulate anything when you know nothing about it! Oh my what a mess they are!

We did three inspections ourselves with three different people looking at the bottom pallets which were new looking for snails and slugs with a flash light just like they do. Those are what get you sent back real quick. We did not have any problems getting through the AG. Sorry that others did.

Snails and slugs??!! California is over run with snails and slugs!
    Just look at our state legislature.

Quote Originally Posted by loggermike View Post
    Snails and slugs??!! California is over run with snails and slugs!
    Just look at our state legislature.
    Logger, You must have placed all your bees in the almonds, gotten paid, and had a full Sundays rest to be so kind as to use such innocuous terms in describing the "domeheads" in Sacto. Lets not fail to mention their minions at the DMV and other trough operating agencies who are about as indigestible as their "superiors."

Whats a Sundays rest? I dont even sleep well at this time of year.

Is any other state as tight with their bee border security as California? I don't think I will ever be a contender in the Almond Rush but would like to eventually do the eastern circuit.

My Uncle has almost 20 years at the Blythe, Ca checkpoint . I can tell you , there are no kick backs going to pressure washing companies here. I've never even heard of them holding up a truck to be pressure washed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley_Bee View Post
    My Uncle has almost 20 years at the Blythe, Ca checkpoint . I can tell you , there are no kick backs going to pressure washing companies here. I've never even heard of them holding up a truck to be pressure washed.
    He works there?
    Let me ask the obvious question .
    What kind of scotch does he drink?

Quote Originally Posted by Mbeck View Post
    He works there?
    Let me ask the obvious question .
    What kind of scotch does he drink?

ha , is it really that bad? my neighbor works there too. Being on the other side I guess i've never took a semi load of bees through there. I have been stopped with a small load of bees and tagged so the Cal -Ag could take a look at them the next day, but I know them too and they aren't about to go look at mean bees.

The stories that I have heard circulating in beekeeper circles in recent years all involve the Needles entry, not Blythe.
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12