Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Anyone else noticing anyhing that's not normal this year?

I don't think I've ever seen a "normal" winter. They come early, late, end early, late, they get warmer, or colder or wetter or drier, but never normal...
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

I just don't believe the term "normal" can ever apply to weather patterns. One dictionary definition is "occurring naturally". http://news.discovery.com/earth/tree...no-110510.html
    We experience "normal" each and every day. It's just that most people don't want to accept it because it differs from a previous time that they remember. Re-read Lee's post (#17), I think he says it best.
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

DBeeCooper, Thanks for the link which shows the different colors of pollen. Informative.
    As for Atlanta it is soon to start to warm up which will include much of the East Coast this coming week. Weather is never normal.

Usually my buttercups don't come up and bloom until Feb., for the last 3 years at least, they are coming up now, with a couple blooms open. I have dill and cilantro in my herb bed, this stuff usually freezes, and I also noticed tiny basil sprouted. Yesterday I saw someone had a big forsythia that had bloomed, but mine haven't. Yesterday I opened my hive to put some Hopguard in and saw several of the girls running around on the comb with bulging full pollen sacs....I saw what I think was some brood, and the top deep felt like it weighed about 75 pounds full of honey.....the top and bottom deeps were full of bees. These type of things are what I mean about "not normal".

My entire life I've been hearing the weatherman say "this is a record high for today" or "this is a record low for today". I don't hear it any more often now than 50 years ago. I think we just don't have records for very long in this country...
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF