Re: Hello everyone, just a few questions for you all.
1. Someone elses. Get to know another beekeeper and see if you can handle being around bees before you invest any money.
3. Hundreds of dollars. Check out the Beekeeping Equipment Catologs. There are a number of them. Kelley Co, of Clarkson,KY would be a good start. Maybe you would like to go see their operation.
4. Feeding sugar syrup should not be done when honey is being produced.
5. The amount of honey and wax produced in your area will vary from year to year and is different from where I live, so predicting that for you won't work. There may be someone near you who has some idea what they have done. A lot depends on the beekeeper's knowledge and ability to manage their colony towards their personal goals.
6. Propolis and venom.
7. Backyard beekeeping can be done and is done all over the World. You will get to know your neighbors.
There are no wrong questions, only wrong answers.
Mark Berninghausen "To float, upheld, as salt water would hold you, once you dared." Denise Levertov, poet