Hybrid View

Default Virginia beehive grant program

I have been reading the information on the Virginia site concerning the beehive grant program. It seems there is to much politics and not enough common sense. So far everyone I have talk to is saying the same thing they are confused and it doesn't make sense. If you want to be reimbursed for the money you spend you are better off to just buy a hive full of bees. There is so much stuff being added that I am not sure how to take it. Can someone shed some light on this not just for me but for others who have asked me questions.

Default Re: Virginia beehive grant program

Was there not a thread posted just a few days ago that the VA grant program has been axed for the coming year? -js

Default Re: Virginia beehive grant program

They will accept applications after Jan. 1 2013 but are not sure funds will be there to fulfill. If funds are there, application will be filled in order received.

Requirements for what is funded can be found here: http://www.townhall.virginia.gov/L/GetFile.cfm?File=C:/TownHall/docroot/GuidanceDocs/301/GDoc_VDACS_5098_v1.pdf

BEEHIVE GRANT FUND NOTICE TO APPLICANTS
    The Virginia General Assembly appropriated $125,000 for this program for Fiscal Year 2013 (July 2012 to June 2013) and $125,000 for Fiscal Year 2014 (July 2013 to June 2014). However, during the upcoming legislative session, the General Assembly will consider proposed amendments to the state budget that include the possible deferral of funding for the beehive grant fund program. In spite of this funding uncertainty, VDACS will proceed to accept applications (after Jan. 1 2013) in accordance with the guidelines and requirements for qualification under this program but cautions applicants that they may or may not receive payments depending on the outcome of the state budget negotiations. A final determination on applications cannot be made until the state budget is finalized sometime in April 2013.
    karla