Most of the photos are camera phone shots and aren't the best quality.

This is a prototype hook.
A customer needs two of them to hang two trellis on the side of her stone home for tomato plants.

photo.JPG

This is one of several colonial-styled candelholders I had made years ago and had the parts laying around the smithy.
Sold two of them this Fall.

photo.JPG

This next candelholder is a Christmas gift and the future owner is a lord of the rings / medieval fan.
Not being that creative I had no clue what to do on short notice to measure up to the level of LOTR.

So I made the center shaft out of 5/8" sq to look like a spike. I roughly upset the head and added a rattail at the bottom.
The legs are from 1/2" sq and have an upset head on each with quarter-sized feet.
Curves for the legs were done with a scroll jig.
The arms are made from 3/8" sq.
Curves for the arms were made with an old cast iron floor drain.
1/4" rnd was used for that wrapping also.

All square stock had the sharp edges hammered down and light hammer marks were added throughout.
The drip cups were made from squares rather than round.

A wax finish was applied with a torch.
It's big but it just didn't look right in a smaller form.

photo 1.JPGphoto 5.JPGphoto 4.JPGphoto 3.JPGphoto 2.JPGphoto 6.JPG

I also have a photo studio and it looks much better under the studio lights.

_MG_7824 resized with copyright.jpg


First try at an ash shovel with a wall mount hanger.
Next time I make the finial on the back a shovel, I'll go over it with a brass brush for some contrast.
A fire poker and handmade broom go with the set.
All metal given a hot wax finish.

photo 4-001.jpgphoto.JPG