Default Capped and uncapped honey

Can anyone tell me how to get the bees to move this honey down to the brood chambers? Not enough to extract and would like the bees to utilize what they worked for.
    Thanks

Default Re: Capped and uncapped honey

A member here told me about this neat little trick, and it worked for me. Remove inner cover and queen excluder if applicable. Place an empty(no frames) super between brood chambers and super. If the honey is capped in the super, scratch it up with an uncapping fork.

Disclaimer: I am only a 2 going on 3 year novice. This tip worked for me in mid september in MY location. I don't usually share much advice or experience at this point. However, this is an identical issue that I faced so I figured I'd share my experience.

Todd
    Last edited by trottet1; 10-18-2015 at 09:48 AM.

Trottet - thanks will remember that and likely try in with a nuc or something to verify.
    Started 9/13, building slowly, not trying the no treatment anymore

Thanks Trottet.
    Giving it a try today.
    Bugman

That method works great. The only thing I would add is that it is not always necessary to remove the inner cover, as long as the notch is screened off so robber bees cannot get in.
    To everything there is a season....

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Gillmore View Post
    That method works great. The only thing I would add is that it is not always necessary to remove the inner cover, as long as the notch is screened off so robber bees cannot get in.
    I leave my inner cover just above the broods and block the notch in rim to keep out robbers and wasps.

In addition to scratching cappings, you can mist the frames lightly with a squeeze bottle filled with water and it speeds up the pulling down of crystalized honey. It softens the crystalized honey and gives the bees a source of water to work with. Can mist every day or second day. Before misting, shake the bees off by grabbing the frame just below top protruding ends of top bar, and drop your hands rapidly with short strokes so your hands hit the top of the super containing frames you want honey removed from.
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!