Thread: Took the plunge

Hybrid View

Default Took the plunge

I bought a new Swinger instead of a hummer bee. I read lots of posts on the subject. I guess if I don't like it I have Keith J to blame. lol I sold my 04 swinger to a local blueberry grower. I will have 1 swinger and 1 hummer turbo. Hopefully will get it early January.

Default Re: Took the plunge

Congratulations ,you made the right choice! I love my 1K!!!
    Clear Lake Wi. / Sebring Fl.

WOW!
    All of those rolled comb candles that you made from plastic foundation really ARE paying off!
    Atta Boy bebze!!
    I have exactly ONE hive more than you.
    That makes my opinion beyond question.

Good for you. I am still trying to find the cash to make the same mistake you did. (not really a mistake). Please PM me with your thoughts. It is in my January plan need the new year for tax reasons.

As long as you stay away from that XRT , I hear one showed up in Texas at a dealer or meeting and had all kinds of problems. Maybe someone that was there can enlighten us.
    Clear Lake Wi. / Sebring Fl.

Just got one a few weeks ago and I love it....well at least in the ten minutes I drove it and it sure looks good sitting in the building. Sometimes at night I just go out and sit on it and make motor noises kind of like when I played in the sandbox as a kid.
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Mansell View Post
    As long as you stay away from that XRT , I hear one showed up in Texas at a dealer or meeting and had all kinds of problems. Maybe someone that was there can enlighten us.

I wasn't there but what you heard IS correct. I've got a friend that just got one and I've gotten to try it out and it was NOT what I was expecting so now I'm back to wanting a 1k again hahaha! The spec sheet really impressed me in the beginning but after trying it out I think it will not hold up against the 1k.

It really is underpowered. When you put in in hi rev and then stomp on the accelerator it takes off and then bogs waaaaay down for a looooong time before it finally and slooowly reaches top speed. Once there it didn't seem to bog so much though going through rough terrain(which is does ride nicer than the 1k and turbo).

The joystick is really nice for the lift and tilt functions but the button for the side shift turns on/off instantly and at a set speed. Unusable, at least for me.

Also, when this machine was bought my friend went to fill it up for the first time and fuel sprayed back at him(they didn't have a vent). They did fix it.

My gut feeling is that they haven't really field tested it and who knows how it will hold up.

I'd appreciate any feedback on those who had a hummerbee turbo and then got a 1k. What are the pros/cons? How does the 1k compare to the turbo?

Quote Originally Posted by beebze View Post
    I bought a new Swinger instead of a hummer bee. I read lots of posts on the subject. I guess if I don't like it I have Keith J to blame. lol I sold my 04 swinger to a local blueberry grower. I will have 1 swinger and 1 hummer turbo. Hopefully will get it early January.
    Are the swingers any cheaper than the hummerbees ? I live in nova scotia and i am looking for something that i can pull double duty with (plow snow,move bees) i have nothing right now and i hear good things about the swinger , but i don't think there are any in the province to look at. There is however a commercial beekeeper who has hummerbees , i haven't contacted him yet to see if i could look at them or not, but i don't know if a bucket would go on the hummerbee ?
    I spoke to A&O and they tell me they sell them to our province and one particular guy stood out , that's why he knew .

Ben

Keith...Dont worry aboyt the crow..josh makes some aweskme turtle soup...top secret family receipt! lol
    I was there when Josh was test driving the new hummer. To say it stalled would be a compliment! I thought they had powered it with a swinger! (not forklift but sewing machine motor) It really boggs down WITHOUT a load. I was really disappointed. i had decided to buy a hummer in the near future and was sold on it IF the middle joint they gave Josh/Joe held up...but now no way..Swinger is way beyond the new hummer. Plus the joint is a world better. In spite of Josh getting his drivers lisc at a blue light special at Kmart he has managed to become a good fotklift driver(if i remember correctly one of the two turned.over the old swinger the same guy owned so maybe he boobie traped it so they wouldnt flip it! lol Boy are they going to get me for all this! Ive let the cat out of the bag. Weve played some good pranks on each other but I think Im ahead now Oh and these two guys bought a new hummer a couple years back...drove to get diesel and didnt latch the hitch...drug it there with safety chains! Now Im in big trouble! Off to bed to bed to think how they are going to get even.

Quote Originally Posted by suttonbeeman View Post
    Keith...Dont worry aboyt the crow..josh makes some aweskme turtle soup...top secret family receipt! lol
    I was there when Josh was test driving the new hummer. To say it stalled would be a compliment! I thought they had powered it with a swinger! (not forklift but sewing machine motor) It really boggs down WITHOUT a load. I was really disappointed. i had decided to buy a hummer in the near future and was sold on it IF the middle joint they gave Josh/Joe held up...but now no way..Swinger is way beyond the new hummer. Plus the joint is a world better. In spite of Josh getting his drivers lisc at a blue light special at Kmart he has managed to become a good fotklift driver(if i remember correctly one of the two turned.over the old swinger the same guy owned so maybe he boobie traped it so they wouldnt flip it! lol Boy are they going to get me for all this! Ive let the cat out of the bag. Weve played some good pranks on each other but I think Im ahead now Oh and these two guys bought a new hummer a couple years back...drove to get diesel and didnt latch the hitch...drug it there with safety chains! Now Im in big trouble! Off to bed to bed to think how they are going to get even.
    As I remember it you weren't even man enough to try any turtle soup!!! You were so excited though to go catch some turtles to make your own turtle soup you went to the extreme and dumped a couple pallets of yours in a deep ditch filled with water for bait LOL!!!(Or was that just bad driving?!?!)

And remember just how far off the seat you jumped(and your wallet flying though the air) when you thought you were being robbed at the taco bell pick-up window? Hahahaha I will never forget your reaction on THAT episode!

And I'm sure I can think of many more...

oh boy gotta get my thinker in gear they got even...lol

You guys are High Larious.