Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa, USA
    Posts
    598

    Default Where are the Christmas Specials?

    I was hoping to see some better deals from the Bee Suppliers before Christmas. I think the weekly specials from Mann Lake are better than some of the "Christmas Specials". With the free time during Winter, it would be nice to see some deals on boxes and frames, so I can get them built before Spring.

    Are there some deals out there that I have missed?

    Merry Christmas everyone!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Warrior, Alabama
    Posts
    1,071

    Default Re: Where are the Christmas Specials?

    Happy Holidays from all of us at Walter T. Kelley Company! During this holiday season, we would like to extend to you a fifteen percent discount on orders of $100 or more.

    Sorry Package Bees & Queens are not included.

    Just our way of letting you know that Walter T. Kelley Company cares about you, our customer! Offer good from December 13th through December 16th.

    Promotion Code: wecare
    Old Guy in Alabama

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa, USA
    Posts
    598

    Default Re: Where are the Christmas Specials?

    Thanks jrb!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kalamazoo,MI
    Posts
    331

    Default Re: Where are the Christmas Specials?

    Quote Originally Posted by jrbbees View Post
    Happy Holidays from all of us at Walter T. Kelley Company! During this holiday season, we would like to extend to you a fifteen percent discount on orders of $100 or more.

    Sorry Package Bees & Queens are not included.

    Just our way of letting you know that Walter T. Kelley Company cares about you, our customer! Offer good from December 13th through December 16th.

    Promotion Code: wecare
    Free shipping too on orders over $100 ???

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa, USA
    Posts
    598

    Default Re: Where are the Christmas Specials?

    That makes it even better!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Brasher Falls, NY, USA
    Posts
    28,070

    Default Re: Where are the Christmas Specials?

    Quote Originally Posted by jrbbees View Post
    Happy Holidays from all of us at Walter T. Kelley Company! During this holiday season, we would like to extend to you a fifteen percent discount on orders of $100 or more.

    Sorry Package Bees & Queens are not included.

    Just our way of letting you know that Walter T. Kelley Company cares about you, our customer! Offer good from December 13th through December 16th.

    Promotion Code: wecare
    Kelley Co has an Alabama outlet? Or is this someone being funny?

    Leonard, why don't you call and talk to your favorite supplier, tell them you have an order and would like to know if they have any discounts or specials? Certainly you aren't going to buy something you don't need just because it is being sold at a discount, r u?
    Mark Berninghausen
    Squeak Creek Apiaries



  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa, USA
    Posts
    598

    Default Re: Where are the Christmas Specials?

    Mark, since this was my first year of beekeeping, I do watch the weekly specials and purchase items that I have not added to my inventory yet. I ordered a second vented suit when Mann Lake had them on sale about 6 weeks ago and I will buy some extra gloves, etc in case someone wants to watch me work the hives. I am always watching for specials on books and woodenware, because I still have a lot to learn and am hoping to go from 3 hives to 10 this Spring.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Roy, Wa
    Posts
    1,801

    Default Re: Where are the Christmas Specials?

    Mann Lake had a black friday sale-10% off everthing online. Problem for me was they didn't let us know until the 21st, and I had already left for mule deer hunting for the week. I found out about it when I got back and was bummed. I would have ordered a few thousand dollars worth of stuff like frames and foundation that never seems to go on sale.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Brasher Falls, NY, USA
    Posts
    28,070

    Default Re: Where are the Christmas Specials?

    Quote Originally Posted by LeonardS View Post
    Mark, since this was my first year of beekeeping, I do watch the weekly specials and purchase items that I have not added to my inventory yet. I ordered a second vented suit when Mann Lake had them on sale about 6 weeks ago and I will buy some extra gloves, etc in case someone wants to watch me work the hives. I am always watching for specials on books and woodenware, because I still have a lot to learn and am hoping to go from 3 hives to 10 this Spring.
    I heard some discussion on the radio the other day which may have some pertinence here. Don't wait for sales, negotiate. You may not get much of a break, but you have the power. You have the money to spend and they have what you want and you can walk away. Haggle, negotiate, don't wait. That's my two cents. For what it's worth.
    Mark Berninghausen
    Squeak Creek Apiaries



  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Brasher Falls, NY, USA
    Posts
    28,070

    Default Re: Where are the Christmas Specials?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lauri View Post
    Mann Lake had a black friday sale-10% off everthing online. Problem for me was they didn't let us know until the 21st, and I had already left for mule deer hunting for the week. I found out about it when I got back and was bummed. I would have ordered a few thousand dollars worth of stuff like frames and foundation that never seems to go on sale.
    Shoulda called them, explained the situation and seen what happened. Nothing ventured nothing gained. Kinda like going mule deer hunting. No gaurantees of a kill until you go looking.
    Mark Berninghausen
    Squeak Creek Apiaries



  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfield County, Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    3,722

    Default Re: Where are the Christmas Specials?

    Quote Originally Posted by sqkcrk View Post
    Haggle, negotiate, don't wait. That's my two cents. For what it's worth.
    I'll give you 1¢ Take it or leave it!
    BeeCurious
    5 hives and 8 nucs................... Trying to think inside the box...

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Hartford, CT
    Posts
    605

    Default Re: Where are the Christmas Specials?

    Live an learn I guess. I shoulda waited for the Walter Xmas discount which woulda been 10x better then the 10% I got off from shipping last month.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Clackamas Oregon
    Posts
    771

    Default Re: Where are the Christmas Specials?

    I have been looking for a good deal on foundation but no certain how much I want yet. I was thinking of building dozen shallows to experiment with some ‘checker boarding’ but found out last year that if the wood is wide enough for a medium I could not run them through the saw! The other part that gives me trouble is I like the wired with hooks but also find it works well to just fold the deeps in half and get the two for 1 (wireless) for the shallows.
    Dozen shallows, dozen deeps, and some mediums and pretty soon it adds up to real money (yes I am looking for a deal). Foundation and maybe frames if I get a decent deal. A few hundred frames it starts to be ok to cut my own.
    “Why do we fall, sir? So that we might learn to pick ourselves up” Alfred Pennyworth Batman Begins (2005)

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Brasher Falls, NY, USA
    Posts
    28,070

    Default Re: Where are the Christmas Specials?

    Quote Originally Posted by BeeCurious View Post
    I'll give you 1¢ Take it or leave it!
    Sold. Free Delivery too.
    Mark Berninghausen
    Squeak Creek Apiaries



  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Washington County, Maine
    Posts
    2,960

    Default Re: Where are the Christmas Specials?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBuzz View Post
    Live an learn I guess. I shoulda waited for the Walter Xmas discount which woulda been 10x better then the 10% I got off from shipping last month.
    I don't believe the special Walter Kelley just announced includes free shipping. I'm not sure where the notion that it did came from. The ad specifically states "This offer not available with any other promotions or discounts."
    Master Beekeeper (EAS) and Master Gardener (U Maine CE) www.beeberrywoods.com

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Monroe County, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    172

    Default Re: Where are the Christmas Specials?

    Brushy Mt. is offering free shipping until Dec 20th on orders East of the Mississippi. Use promotion code "SANTABC" at checkout. I recently placed two large orders with them and saved myself about $300 in shipping costs.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kalamazoo,MI
    Posts
    331

    Default Re: Where are the Christmas Specials?

    Hey, I was just asking if the free shipping applies to the other discount. It doesn't!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Ads