Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

I took a peek

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  trykonxlgold85 
#1 ·
I just had to take a peek. It is 48 and rainy but i just tilted the tops to take a peek. Hive 1 was clustered at the top moving around just a litte, hive 2 also clustered at the top moving around a litte more than 1, hive 3 clustered on the top got very active and then there was hive four EMPTY:cry:. Just about 30 dead bees no stores. This was a package i got in late May and it only filled on deep super. I should have feed more, should have combine it with another hive should have should have they say hindsight is 20/20. There were about 8 queen cells If i killed the queen on my last inspection about a month ago would they try to make a new one this late in the year? I guess if the other three make it then i am doing good. I will just have drawn comb for a split next spring.

#2 ·
I'm sure in the spring at least one of the three will prepare to swarm and you will have drawn frames for an early split.

How are the other three on stores? We have a long way to go, and if they are light, you may want to add dry sugar or fondant to help them through winter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.