Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

"You just might be a beekeeper."

40K views 135 replies 68 participants last post by  RayMarler 
#1 ·
If all of your clean bluejeans have propolis stains on them, you just might be a beekeeper.
If the bottoms of your socks have propolis stains on them, you just might be a beekeeper.
If it is Sunday morning and rainy and you find yourself on the way to the beeyard and not to Church, you just might be a beekeeper.

#10 · (Edited)
...you day dream through an entire section of math class thinking about bees.
.....your truck cab smells of burnt wood shavings and honey
....You schedule your days off at work around bees and bee meetings
....You see a the world as a potential nectar source.
....you enjoy bees more than most family
....beesource gets used as a distraction from math homework
....A consideration when getting ready to go to college is deciding if you take bees with you

#11 ·
...your wife has to pick berries in a beesuit because your hives are pointed in the wrong direction.
...your dog learned new dance moves in the beeyard.
...you weigh honey instead of using gallons like everyone else in the world.
...you apply fumagillin in the dark of night.
...you measure the sucess of your honey yeild in carboys of mead brewing your basement.

WVMJU

#17 · (Edited)
If you talk about your Honey and people know you aren't refering to your spouse, you just might be a beekeeper.

If you recognize the sound of the hose being blown off of your turbo, you just might be a truckin' beekeeper. :)

It's good to have friends. Driving up 81, headed home, I heard a loud bang and lost power. Limped up to the Motel and called a friend for advice. Turns out he had a friend who lives just a few miles away who is a fleet mechanic for a construction company. He came right over and put things back together for me. Mobile again.

#20 ·
.........when you agree to meet someone in a fast food parking lot for the transaction. They have what you want and you pay them. They hand it to you and you watch the worker bees just loving the caged queen in your hand. You are not nervous at all and they are walking all over your hands. You know they will not sting you. None of this would have happened prior to becoming a beekeeper.

#36 ·
When you and a complete stranger pull into an empty freeway gas station at 1 am. A truck pulls up loaded with small white boxes. The driver hands each of you a small white box. You hand him $130. You all drive away. Few words are exchanged. You might be a beekeeper...

#21 ·
I am not true beekeeper because out of all above, I have in common - using beesourse too much. I did not call anybody "honey", but my wife called me "honey" well before bees happened - she knew! I am obsessed with bees, but it does not make me a beekeper. I am a bee-enthusiast and hobbyist. It is so nice to see the passion people express to the bees! Sergey

#23 ·
I am not true beekeeper because out of all above, I have in common - using beesourse too much. I did not call anybody "honey", but my wife called me "honey" well before bees happened - she knew! I am obsessed with bees, but it does not make me a beekeper. I am a bee-enthusiast and hobbyist. It is so nice to see the passion people express to the bees! Sergey
Sergey,
Google "Jeff Foxworthy". He is a comedian w/ "*******/Country" roots and has a routine in which he says something and ends the line w/ "you just might be a *******". Such as, "If your washing machine is on the front porch of your trailer, you just might be a *******." His observations turned into a comedy routine.

That's the inspiration of this Thread.

#22 ·
...if you are overheard talking about killing the queen and replacing her with a virgin, and nobody calls the cops.

Three words: indoor observation hive.

...you are willing to pay for pollen...a month before everyone else curses its existence.

...wax is your most valuable investment.

...if you've ever used the word "thorax" outside of a school science class.

...your children are expected to plan their wedding before or after the spring build-up. (props and well-wishes to Long Lane Honey)

...if a state highway patrol officer has found dozens of Mason jars in the floorboard of your truck, yet still doesn't give you a breathalyzer.

#28 ·
Yeah like Jumbo Shrimp and Army Intelligence.

Sorry bout that last one. I love our military. I really do, just couldn't resist.

If you are the reason the named it a toothbrush rather than a Teethbrush. You are probably from Alabama.

Oops I am getting off topic.

If you spend more time looking for a lost hive tool than lost car keys you might be a beekeeper.

If you get more upset over a lost hive tool than you do lost car keys You might be a beekeeper.

If you wake up each morning hoping the girls are in a good mood, and you do not mean your daughters. you are probably a beekeeper.

If you spent more money on vision aids to see bee eggs than did for your glasses, you might be a beekeeper.

If you find you keep coming back to read what has been added to this thread, You might be a beekeeper with to much time on their hands.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.