Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

"You just might be a beekeeper."

40K views 135 replies 68 participants last post by  RayMarler 
#1 ·
If all of your clean bluejeans have propolis stains on them, you just might be a beekeeper.
If the bottoms of your socks have propolis stains on them, you just might be a beekeeper.
If it is Sunday morning and rainy and you find yourself on the way to the beeyard and not to Church, you just might be a beekeeper.

#64 ·
If Dee Lusby officiated your wedding in the desert and you spent 2 weeks on a working wedding/ honeymoon with her bees and got to sleep until 7 am the morning after your wedding you just might be beekeepers...

Only bachelors keep 5 gallon buckets of honey around the kitchen? hmmmmm.....

Ramona

#65 ·
...if you can remember the day your queen emerged easier than your childrens' birthdays...

...if you hide the cans of RAID at Walmart behind other products...

...if you see a large swarm crossing your yard, and you get excited, instead of fearing an apocalypse...

...if you've spent all winter in your custom woodshop repairing hives/frames, while your wife is complaining about a wobbly dining-room table...

#68 ·
If your guest room has become a honey room with a honey warmer, Extractor and dozens of boxes of honey.

If under your eaves of the house is next years assembled boxes for expansion.

If you have a stack of sugar piled up on the front steps for winter feed.

If you scout piles of pallets behind buildings to convert into 4ways.

If you collect sugar packets from restaurants.

If you travel with end-bars in your suitcase so you can pound in eyelets in for wired frames in your hotel room.

If you travel with a case of honey in your checked bag to give or sell to co-workers.

If you tip people with a bottle of honey instead of cash.

If you try and pay for things with honey in a barter.

If a person you are with gets stung and you say "Better you then me."

If you try and save the bee that flew into your car and feel bad that it may never find its way home.

#75 ·
…if your wife tells you the supermarket is having a sale on sugar and you get more excited than she does.
When the guys at work are giving away a dining room set and you just look at the top to see if is good enough to rip into bee boxes or hive components (got over ruled and made it ended up making it into a coffee table).

#76 ·
…if your wife tells you the supermarket is having a sale on sugar and you get more excited than she does.
This one made me laugh out loud hard. Brought back a real memory last summer of bolting out of the house after 25 lb bags of sugar. My wife in tow grumbling under her breath. Man it is good when the tables turn:)

#84 ·
Ok, I'll bite. You might be a lady beekeeper if you're outside early in the morning with curlers in your hair, your Sthil chain saw mask on for eye and hearing protection..cutting just one more board on the chop saw and hoping to God no one shows up early and sees you..

#92 ·
Ok, I'll bite. You might be a lady beekeeper if you're outside early in the morning with curlers in your hair, your Sthil chain saw mask on for eye and hearing protection..cutting just one more board on the chop saw and hoping to God no one shows up early and sees you.

Lauri: I go back and forth on this, trying to decide if your husband is the luckiest, or unluckiest man in the world. :D

#88 ·
"You just might be a beekeeper" is the tag line. It comes after whatever characteristic you illustrate in the first part. It's funnier when it's in the right order.

If you go to work in a suit which zips up the front and has a hood, (pause) you just might be a beekeeper. See how that works?

If you have curlers in your hair and wear a Stihl chainsaw mask etc etc, you just might be a lady beekeeper.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.