Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Default Re: "You just might be a beekeeper."

Right gpp. I have blookd drawn twice a year and always think and sometimes say, "I get stung worse than that regularly."
    Mark Berninghausen
    The answers are the end. The questions are the journey. Journey on.

When you buy so much sugar that the local sherrif questions you for being a moonshiner

.........."if the people from your regular job are always asking you why you have melted wax in the bed of your company work truck."

Ok, I'll bite. You might be a lady beekeeper if you're outside early in the morning with curlers in your hair, your Sthil chain saw mask on for eye and hearing protection..cutting just one more board on the chop saw and hoping to God no one shows up early and sees you..

If all I were wearing was haircurlers and a Stihl chainsaw mask I would worry about being seen too and I am not a woman. You'll have to take my word on that.
    Mark Berninghausen

Oh my Gosh, I'm Laughing at that one
    Last edited by Lauri; 12-16-2012 at 11:06 AM.

If you're husband is ticked about the trees making a mess of little spots all over the cars and you don't say a word as he tops and de-limbs all the Hybrid poplars on the place.
    you might be a bee keeper
    Last edited by Lauri; 12-15-2012 at 08:42 PM.

"You just might be a beekeeper" is the tag line. It comes after whatever characteristic you illustrate in the first part. It's funnier when it's in the right order.

If you go to work in a suit which zips up the front and has a hood, (pause) you just might be a beekeeper. See how that works?

If you have curlers in your hair and wear a Stihl chainsaw mask etc etc, you just might be a lady beekeeper.
    Mark Berninghausen

If in the springtime you notice all those dandelions in your yard and the neighbors yard and wish there were more......you just might be a beekeeper!

p.s. Thank you, Roger. Very kind of you. May your bees be extra productive this coming year!

If you drive a Honey Wagon but it doesn't have a big tank w/ a cleanout hose attatched to it, you just might be a beekeeper.
    Mark Berninghausen

You climb thirty or so feet up a tree with a fifteen foot pole with a bucket three times to catch a later August swarm ...you might be a keeper.

[QUOTE=Lauri;875665]Ok, I'll bite. You might be a lady beekeeper if you're outside early in the morning with curlers in your hair, your Sthil chain saw mask on for eye and hearing protection..cutting just one more board on the chop saw and hoping to God no one shows up early and sees you.

Lauri: I go back and forth on this, trying to decide if your husband is the luckiest, or unluckiest man in the world.
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

Jim, I'm laughing at that one too! I'm sure he doesn't know ether
    No one was here when I did the curler/mask stunt. I even horrified myself.

Too bad. I would love to see you in curlers and chainsaw protection gear. Wear you wearing the chaps too? And the steel toed boots?
    Mark Berninghausen

Mark? ... Mark? ... Wake up ... We probably don't want to know about those thoughts ...

Quote Originally Posted by Lauri View Post
    You might be a lady beekeeper if you're outside early in the morning with curlers in your hair, your Sthil chain saw mask on for eye and hearing protection..cutting just one more board on the chop saw and hoping to God no one shows up early and sees you.
    Lauri was using an ordinary chop (miter) saw, not a chain saw. Boots? Chaps?
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

lauri, you are great with your camera, how about a photo?
    journaling the growth of a treatment free apiary started in 2010. 20+/- hives

Be careful what you wish for

(By the way, that hair is from petting the horses..I don't have hairy hands,LOL)
    Last edited by Lauri; 12-16-2012 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sqkcrk View Post
    Too bad. I would love to see you in curlers and chainsaw protection gear. Wear you wearing the chaps too? And the steel toed boots?
    I agree with Radar....................Mark, you're having a very nice dream, but perhaps this thread needs to move elsewhere! Perhaps to another forum!
    http://OxaVap.com Your source for the Varrox Mite Killing
    OA Vaporizer "One of the highest ranked" by R. Oliver

If you rip out existing landscape in your backyard to plant landscape to attract bees, you might be a beekeeper.

If you tell your neighbors that you brought five hives home just to watch them freak out, you might be a beekeeper.

If a coworker tells you that a bee is on your shoulder and you just smile, you might be a beekeeper.

If you see bees working some plants in your back yard and you rush to get the bottle of honey to attempt to hand feed them, you might be a beekeeper.

If you come home and your wife (who is afraid of bees) tells you that she scooped a couple LIVE bees out of the pool with the pool net and saved their life, you must be a beekeeper.

If you have to second guess about letting your kids use some scrap wood to build something because you KNOW you might need it to build somemore bee equipment, you might be a beekeeper.

If you take your break at work and drag your coworker over to an area you know has bee hives just so you can watch them for a bit, you might be a beekeeper.
    Coyote Creek Bees

when you move into your new house and the neighbor comes over to shake your hand and you have to explain how you can't right now as the bee that is in your hand ran out of gas,
    you might be a beekeeper

haven't seen the next door neighbor in 10 years.
    mike syracuse ny
    I went to bed mean, and woke up meaner. Marshal Dillon

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast