Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: "You just might be a beekeeper."

I am not true beekeeper because out of all above, I have in common - using beesourse too much. I did not call anybody "honey", but my wife called me "honey" well before bees happened - she knew! I am obsessed with bees, but it does not make me a beekeper. I am a bee-enthusiast and hobbyist. It is so nice to see the passion people express to the bees! Sergey
    Серёжа, Sergey

...if you are overheard talking about killing the queen and replacing her with a virgin, and nobody calls the cops.

Three words: indoor observation hive.

...you are willing to pay for pollen...a month before everyone else curses its existence.

...wax is your most valuable investment.

...if you've ever used the word "thorax" outside of a school science class.

...your children are expected to plan their wedding before or after the spring build-up. (props and well-wishes to Long Lane Honey)

...if a state highway patrol officer has found dozens of Mason jars in the floorboard of your truck, yet still doesn't give you a breathalyzer.

Quote Originally Posted by cerezha View Post
    I am not true beekeeper because out of all above, I have in common - using beesourse too much. I did not call anybody "honey", but my wife called me "honey" well before bees happened - she knew! I am obsessed with bees, but it does not make me a beekeper. I am a bee-enthusiast and hobbyist. It is so nice to see the passion people express to the bees! Sergey
    Sergey,
    Google "Jeff Foxworthy". He is a comedian w/ "Redneck/Country" roots and has a routine in which he says something and ends the line w/ "you just might be a redneck". Such as, "If your washing machine is on the front porch of your trailer, you just might be a redneck." His observations turned into a comedy routine.

That's the inspiration of this Thread.
    Mark Berninghausen #youmatter

...at Disney World you stop at each planter to watch the bees on the flowers.

If you get waved thru a traffic check by Border Patrol because they can see what's on your truck, you just might be a beekeeper.

Quote Originally Posted by sqkcrk View Post
    Sergey, Google "Jeff Foxworthy"...
    As usual - I am learning... unfortunately, american humor is not for me as well as russian - is not for americans, I guess. I like this thread!
    Серёжа, Sergey

Russian humor?

Quote Originally Posted by sqkcrk View Post
    Russian humor?
    Yeah like Jumbo Shrimp and Army Intelligence.

Sorry bout that last one. I love our military. I really do, just couldn't resist.

If you are the reason the named it a toothbrush rather than a Teethbrush. You are probably from Alabama.

Oops I am getting off topic.

If you spend more time looking for a lost hive tool than lost car keys you might be a beekeeper.

If you get more upset over a lost hive tool than you do lost car keys You might be a beekeeper.

If you wake up each morning hoping the girls are in a good mood, and you do not mean your daughters. you are probably a beekeeper.

If you spent more money on vision aids to see bee eggs than did for your glasses, you might be a beekeeper.

If you find you keep coming back to read what has been added to this thread, You might be a beekeeper with to much time on their hands.
    Stand for what you believe, even if you stand alone.

Very funny thread Mark, but dang there are alot of peeps here who arnt well..
    George Brenner @ www.valleyhoneyco.com
    Mesa, AZ

If you drive 16 hours round trip to meet up with a stranger so you can pick up a nuc of a certain breed of bee you just have to have...

If you spend your Saturday night making Bee Fudge (a.k.a. Candy Boards) instead of going out...

...in the americanzied version of russian humor (with apologies to Yakov Smirnoff):

"In Russia, bees keep YOU!"

deknow

If you are saying, <<the girls did this, or the girls did that>> or << I took the girls to a new place>>
    and your wife is still with you.

Quote Originally Posted by millerdrr View Post
    ...if you are overheard talking about killing the queen and replacing her with a virgin, and nobody calls the cops.
    Now I gotta peel myself off the floor...

if your lawn looks like a patchwork quilt of uncut dandelions and clover.
    if every landscaping suggestion made by your wife is seen as an opportunity to add new bee forage.

When someone gets divorced and you refer to it as "requeening", you just might be a beekeeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Bee Bliss View Post
    .........when you agree to meet someone in a fast food parking lot for the transaction. They have what you want and you pay them. They hand it to you and you watch the worker bees just loving the caged queen in your hand. You are not nervous at all and they are walking all over your hands. You know they will not sting you. None of this would have happened prior to becoming a beekeeper.
    When you and a complete stranger pull into an empty freeway gas station at 1 am. A truck pulls up loaded with small white boxes. The driver hands each of you a small white box. You hand him $130. You all drive away. Few words are exchanged. You might be a beekeeper...

If you have read all the "you just might be a beekeeper" posts and look forward to the next one, you just might be a beekeeper.
    If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.
    http://photobucket.com/MCBees

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_C View Post
    If you have read all the "you just might be a beekeeper" posts and look forward to the next one, you just might be a beekeeper.
    Yes!!!

...if you are devising a way to install a spit inside your bee smoker that winds a rotation spring when you puff the bellows, you might be a beekeeper (and you might be hungry as well).
    deknow

if you look like Santa................................all year round!
    http://OxaVap.com
    Your source for the Varrox Vaporizer, "One of the highest ranked" by R. Oliver

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast