Default If you bought narrow end bars from Kelley's, what's the width at the bottom?

I'm curious to know if the bottom of the end bar is narrower than their regular frames.
    BeeCurious
    Trying to think inside the box...

Default Re: If you bought narrow end bars from Kelley's, what's the width at the bottom?

isn't on mine, it looks like they shaved off the wide part and other dimensions are the same as a normal frame. I ended up planing the top bar because it didn't seem to have enough space between frames. Also it seems one side of the end bar is wider than the other so had to be sure to assemble them with the wide side on the same side of the top bar or they sit crooked. overall I am happy with them.
    Last edited by Hawkster; 12-10-2012 at 05:34 AM.

Default Re: If you bought narrow end bars from Kelley's, what's the width at the bottom?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkster View Post
    Also it seems one side of the end bar is wider than the other.
    I was shipped regular end bars by mistake and after reading your comment I took a look at the the pieces. One side is clearly wider. The cut for the bottom bar is also offset. We are doing a little "hair splitting" here as the cuts aren't off center by much. If the end bars were cut with a "V" on one side it would have been better. That would have avoided two "wide" or two "narrow" sides from being face to face.

I'm fairly confident that I could make crooked end bars myself... They wouldn't approach the quality of Kelley's end bars, but they would certainly be crooked.
    Last edited by BeeCurious; 12-10-2012 at 04:55 AM. Reason: Correction
    BeeCurious
    Trying to think inside the box...