Default Looking For Bees Without Queens

Is anyone selling Bees without queens? I raise my own queens, but need some bees to go with them. Could use around 30#. If you or someone you know is selling them please let me know. Thanks John

Default Re: Looking For Bees Without Queens

Sent you a PM

Wisnewbee

I got a buddy looking to do the same. Is there a market for that.?

I'd suggest you check with local commercial beeks. My suggestion to beekeeper582 was to purchase frames of brood from a commercial Beek. When you purchase a frame of bees, it should come with bees covering the brood. Get a couple of frames of brood (about $14 each) covered with bees. Add a queen or queen cell, instant Nuc. 2 frames are enough to start a Nuc, I'd suggest 3-4 frames for a single. Best bang for your buck. There are a lot of commercial beeks that sell frames of brood in the spring. Check around or look for ads in some of the journals. I sent beekeeper 582 a few names and phone numbers of commercial beeks that winter bees near his area. Hope this gives you some ideas and help.

Wisnewbee
    Bill

Thanks Wisnewbee I had no idea where to buy frames of brood. I will give these guys a call for sure.

EastSideBuzz I am starting queen rearing on a little larger scale in the spring. Nothing major just for my own hives, and a few for local beekeepers who have ask me for some. I am going to use the queen less packages in mating nucs, queen starters hives, and finishers. I also want to increase my hive numbers by more than the splits I will be making will allow. However
    Wisnewbee has an excellent idea of buying frames of brood. I will be doing this for sure next spring.