Default Feeding sugar cane water

I am currently In Haiti starting a beekeeping project. I would like to know if anybody has experience feeding the sugar water after the sugar cane has been crushed. Anybody know the approxiamte sugar concentration of such water. From what I have seen here bees could benefit from stimulative feeding prior to the honeyflow. Sugar is relatively expensive for the participants but sugarcane is grown locally and could be a good fit if it is not toxic or if there are not too many undigestible particles.

A thicker syrup can be had. Basically molasses at a reasonnable price. I know molasses have a high HMF content and this can be deadly to a hive that needs to overwinter. That is not the issue here. I think that the bees will be able to void the HMF's and be fine, but I lack experience in this area. Comments are needed. Thanks.

Jean-Marc

Default Re: Feeding sugar cane water

Watch this video.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIgavNuBRRA

I posted a thread about this video-How its Made-sugar and asked the same question you did. Someone said the unbleached, unrefined syrup would kill the bees. Others said they live in that reigon and the local honey bees relish the harvest time of year.

I thought when I watched the video I would love to get my hands on that freshly extracted syrup before they add the lime to change the PH. I'd think if you filtered out the solids it would be amazing.

(If you want to cut down on you own sugar consumption, also watch this video. It is a bit disgusting)
    Hope this helps.

Default Re: Feeding sugar cane water

What I saw here certainly lacked in hygiene. I already eat little suger. ssentially it is poor for human health whereas honey is good for human health. I will check out the video.

Jean-Marc