Default Automated frame machinery

Does anyone know the company that manufactures automated frame making equipment that the mass producers use? Thank you very much, I'm having a difficult time finding THE manufacturer or anyone that can do it and knows what they're doing.
    -Rob Bliss
    Bliss Honey and bee supplies

Default Re: Automated frame machinery

Are you looking to buy a machine or make a machine?
    Brian Cardinal
    Zone 5a, Practicing non-intervention beekeeping

Brian Cardinal

Ace, that's one awesome machine but I'm looking for the automated machine that CUTS the wood. Thanx though, that was well worth the watch!
    -Rob Bliss

THAT IS TOO COOL, where can I get one for Christmas?

Boy there has got to be hundreds of machine tool, water jet, lazer cutting machine that will do the job. Even jig and fixture the old fashion way. What kind of volume are you looking for and what are your plans for raw stock?
    Brian Cardinal

Quote Originally Posted by pahvantpiper View Post
    I'm having a difficult time finding THE manufacturer or anyone that can do it and knows what they're doing.
    Contact Kim Flottum of Bee Culture. He was in Medina, OH when the A.I.Root Co. stopped making equipment. Maybe he knows what happened to the frame cutting machine.

I'm also pretty sure that there isn't just one machine for making frame parts. There probably is a Top Bar Machine, a Bottom Bar Machine, and an End Bar Machine.

I have seen folks who have all the jigs to make the parts using their table saw and radial arm saw.

You might wish to look for a copy of "Let's Build a Bee Hive" by Wilbert R. Miller, which came ouit in 1976. It has detailed plans and photos showing how to make the different cuts.

Do you plan on making frames to sell? I can't imagine making enuf frames to justify buying a machine otherwise. Unless you are going to make thousands and thousands for yourself.

The last time I was in Clarkson, KY, Mr. Kelley took me on a tour of his plant and I saw their machines in use making all manner of wooden ware. Maybe they would tell you who manufactured the machine you'd like to know about. It can't hurt to ask. Call all of the equipment dealers until you find one who will tell you.

Good luck. I hope you find what you are looking for.
    Mark Berninghausen "That which works, persists."

The high end equipment today is programmable. You write a program and start feeding it boards. The machine makes the cuts and produces the end product faster than you can think of how it is doing the job. Unfortunately, equipment of that scale costs $80,000 and up.

Do a search for CNC wood cutting equipment

DarJones
    DarJones - 44 years, 10 colonies (max 40), sideliner, treatment free since 2005, 11 frame broodnest, small cell

He doesn't have to buy the equipment. He just has to locate a CNC house that will make what ever part you want to your design. He probably has a 60% margin to work with so volume will make a difference.
    The whole thing is I am not sure what his intent really is. Research? Wants to compete in business? Looking to cut cost?
    Brian Cardinal

I need to purchase frame equipment to match the capacity of my box equipment. I'll have the capacity to produce about 1,200 to 1,500 boxes a day so I'd like to be able to produce 12,000 to 15,000 frames a day. I like the more automated machinery that allows me to manufacture woodenware with less labor costs and less liability.

I've made all of the the woodenware before on regular shop equipment but it's much too slow and there's more of a potential for accidents. Thanx guys. You've already given me some great advice!
    -Rob Bliss

I sent messages to Kim Flottum, Larry Connor and Jim Tew asking them for any info on finding what you want to know. I'll let you know what I find out.
    Mark Berninghausen "That which works, persists."

Quote Originally Posted by pahvantpiper View Post
    Does anyone know the company that manufactures automated frame making equipment that the mass producers use? Thank you very much, I'm having a difficult time finding THE manufacturer or anyone that can do it and knows what they're doing.

Brandt Automation is the manufacturer

http://www.brandtautomation.com/

Hope this help you.

BEE HAPPY Jim

Thanx sqkcrk, that's right neighborly of you!

Jim and Ace, I've shot an email off to Brandt. Hopefully I'll hear something tomorrow.

Thank you BeeSource and all of you guys!
    -Rob Bliss

Curious what box machine you bought that makes 1500 boxes a day?

I think pahvantpiper is making the piece parts and it may be on more than one machine.
    Brian Cardinal

Ok. What machines?