Default ABF and AHPA conventions in January

It is hard to get vacation of from my job, and I will be going to neither but I see that these conventions are scheduled for the same days in January. Is it always this way? Is there some rivalry between the organizations or is this an accidental scheduling conflict? Is there a Beesource corner at these conventions where posters from this forum can actually speak to each other? One day I would like to get to one of these and actually meet some of this forum's members. Would we be able to talk or would we have to sit side-by-side with laptops?

Default Re: ABF and AHPA conventions in January

My understanding is that at one time there was a "difference in philosophy" between the two organizations. However, a few years back, they started doing "unified" meetings with plans to do so every other year--that is to say, they would both meet in the same facility with separate agendas/sessions but a common vendor area. This is the year off and there should be a unified meeting next year.

We will be at ABF this year as a vendor and looking forward to it!
    Blue Sky Bee Supply
    Quality Bee Supplies, Bees and Containers!

Thanks. I hope to get to one of these in the next few years. My understanding is that I could charge the whole thing as an expense against any profits I make with my beekeeping endeavor, and a few days away from the cold midwest in January sounds enticing.

If my memory is right, one was started by Richard Adee, and was pro beekeeper. The other has more contact with packers.

Crazy Roland