Default Interesting experiment - Megabee and Corn Meal

I had two supers damaged due to wax moths so I set them out on the porch rail to freeze them overnight. Anyway they have been sitting outside for a few weeks and of course my bees find them and start taking the honey - nothing else for them to do so they might as well keep busy. I had the thought to try an experiment. I set some megabee powder between the two supers, some megabee mix with honey to make a patty on top of one of the supers and some corn meal on each side of the supers. The bees showed little interest in the megabee powder, no interest in the megabee / honey mixture, and they ate all of the corn meal I put out. Go figure.

Default Re: Interesting experiment - Megabee and Corn Meal

That is very interesting, In think the bees are making cornbread now instead of beebread, you might have yourself hillbilly bees, if they start bringing in soup beans, that will confirm that the bees are of hillbilly decent.

Quote Originally Posted by G'ville beek View Post
    That is very interesting, In think the bees are making cornbread now instead of beebread, you might have yourself hillbilly bees, if they start bringing in soup beans, that will confirm that the bees are of hillbilly decent.
    That is hilarious! Another reason to keep bees!

The GMO corn has mutated their brains like it has ours to eat more.
    Brian Cardinal
    Zone 5a, Practicing non-intervention beekeeping

Last year, I fed corn bread to some chickens and the bees seemed to really like it. Didn't think about giving them any beans. We may have discovered something! Can we patent it?
    Dave

There has been a recent discovery that Colony Collapse Disorder was due to Honey bees gathering corn meal and then obtaining soup beans, while they made cornbread instead of beebread and adding the soup beans they began to fart excessively throughout the hive and the result was a total collapse of the colony, the only remedy for this would be the addition of Beano. This is still in research and development but so far the research is showing a very promising future for the Hillybilly strain of bees that have been spreading throughout the South, and possibly migration into the Northern hemisphere.

Stay tuned , because the bees are adjusting their tune, to more of a deep base rumble....

Well, I hope my bees don't intend to be fed any cornbread and beans. They can have sugar syrup and such, but I ain't feedin any cornbread and beans to anything other than family members.