I figure this is as good of a place as any to ask.

First and foremost I'm not a commercial beekeeper, not even a sideliner. Barely considered a serious hobbyist but I'm trying to tread as lightly as possible with this upcoming endeavor I plan on tackling this spring. I've been doing bazaar's with the wife on the weekends when they are available and have been talking a lot with people and networking with people around the community. I've received nothing but positive feedback about our products and had the opportunity to talk with educators and hobbyists alike. At our most recent show I had several inquiries in to people asking if they could purchase 5 frame nuc's from me and what the costs would be. Here comes my dilemma. I just recently learned how to raise queens via grafting and produced about forty nucs last fall. I produced the nucs to late in the year for them to do much besides build up a little before they dwindled and pretty much died off. The whole purpose of creating the nucs and the reason I wasn't to concerned about whether they lived or not was simply an experiment for ME to see if I COULD produce queens, get them mated, get them laying, and start an actual colony. I've told several people who have asked if I would have nucs available for sale that I hope too but I would be selling them for a fraction of the cost of what they would find elsewhere on the internet for the first year simply because I have no idea what I'm doing and because I can't guarantee the quality of the product with confidence because I'm not confident in the product just yet. I've explained to people they would actually be doing me a favor by caring for some of these nucs that I produced and letting me know how the queens in them and the nucs themselves fair. I've given rough quotes of about 75$ per nucleus colony to cover the cost of queen production and the cost of the equipment that I'll be giving up.

I know all this may sound stupid or that I've already committed a plethora of mistakes but I don't know how to go about doing this especially since I've never done it before. I don't feel it's fair to charge people a premium, I don't want to just give away hard work, and I don't want to give people a false sense that they're receiving anything other than an experiment from me.

Any suggestions are welcome, please be gentle