Default ok, dream bee yard opinon..........your own personal opinion and dream!!

You have a dream bee yard with 100 hives located smack dab in the middle of 400 acres. The 400 acres is split into 100 acre sections with a constant flowing stream through it.

What would each of those sections be planted with, and you have to be diversified, no crops can be the same and ANY crop will grow in this location.

Also, explain why you would choose the particular forage!
    Coyote Creek Bees

Default Re: ok, dream bee yard opinon..........your own personal opinion and dream!!

Sweet cover, blooms first and the longest. Yellow blooms first, white blooms later
    Canola, blooms full of honey,
    alfalfa, blooms all summer, but harvested for forage, so first flow can be short, but will give a good strong late flow
    buckwheat, can give you a good late flow and can catch a premium price to certain people
    Ian Steppler >> Canadian Beekeeper's Blog
    www.stepplerfarms.com

Default Re: ok, dream bee yard opinon..........your own personal opinion and dream!!

100 acres Eucalyptus globulus
    100 acres Eucalyptus ficifolia
    50 acres Rosemary, 50 acres lavender
    100 acres mixed nectar bearing sages
    Can I divide the area with hedges of Texas privet and have hanging baskets with mixed nectar bearing perennials?
    Can the driveways access paths be of a mix of clover and lippia grass?
    Can I have a marble temple in the middle with a fountain surrounded by marble statues of nude women bearing fruit and jugs of wine?
    Can I have cages of white doves and a hummingbird garden?

Oliver, its your piece of heaven.................you can do it any which way you want.................even if it will look like Buckingham Palace!!
    For a guy with hideous colored swarm traps, you have a great imagination!!
    Coyote Creek Bees

I want odfrank's bee yard but I don't want the women to be statues :O
    We the willing have done so much with so little for so long we can now do anything with nothing