Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Best quality wood Frame

5K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  KevinR 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello,

I am planning on ordering around 100 wood frames and so I wanted some opinions from people who have used several suppliers for comparison purposes as to who makes the best all around frame.

I have already searched the archives but since it has been a while since many of these posts I thought it would be good to revisit.

I am looking for a grooved top grooved bottom frame.

I have used Brushy MT and Dadant, out of the two of them I think dadant is better as the top bar is slightly thicker so that the plastic foundation does not wiggle around or pop out.

MANN Lake--have they improved since a few years back? I like the free shipping but there were alot of negative posts about the quality. What kind of wood do they use--I hear it is not pine?

Betterbee--this one I am interested in alot as now that betterbee is under new ownership the buying experience should be good. I like the fact that the side bars actually have a little "tooth"for the bottom bar groove--I thought walter kelly was the only ones who did this still ( I would by from Walter kelly as their frames appear the best, but I live too far away)

Thanks alot!

See less See more
#3 ·
I bought 100 back last spring from Mannlake and they were very good quality I just bought 100 more last week with the 10% coupon
and as always most orders over 100$ are free shipping ............ I will be ordering 100 more next month, customer service is very good also.

DC

#5 ·
I think I would mostly shop price with a supplier you know and trust. We buy lots of commercial grade Dadant frames each year and don't expect more than 1 in a thousand to be unusable. We have also bought from Mann Lake, good frames as well but I slightly prefer the cut and style of the Dadant frame.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.