Thread: quick question

Default quick question

Okay so I treated my bees with apiguard, but I didn't take off the winter stores. After reading a few posts I noticed it said to take off honey supers, Did I do wrong in not removing their winter stores? If I needed to remove their stores where was I supposed to put them at to keep out other bees and not create robbing? Yes I am new to this it is first time in which I am a beekeeper, but was raised around them most my life( my family did not treat the bees)
    TIA

Default Re: quick question

You will be ok, the bees will eat the honey and all will be ok, they will just wonder why it taste funny

I would make sure that you mark the frames with a Sharpie so you're sure not to extract them in the future. I would think some of the honey could stay on frames for years and years. Probably wouldn't want that what you're eating.

I put lots and lots of thyme in my food making soups and stews and roasts. The same active ingredient as thymol I do believe. It may posssibly give the honey an off taste and I wouldn't offer it for sale because it might offend some, but we are not talking toxic waste here and it will not harm your bees at the highest possible concentration in the honey from what you did. Perspective is required in life or we would just hide in a cave until we starved.

To be honest I have no clue what is in apiguard, hence why I would just mark the frames. It doesn't hurt to have a super designated for the bees to keep anyway.

http://www.vermontagriculture.com/AR...s/Apiguard.pdf

It doesn't sound that benign.
    I wouldn't eat the honey.