Thread: Pollen

Default Pollen

The girls are still working hard.Its nov. 26.It was 60 degrees yesterday and went up to watch the girls.They are still bringing in pollen,not a lot but some.Wonder where they are getting it with all the frost weve had.

Default Re: Pollen

Even after a couple frost we still have some Goldenrod here, some even still growing up from the ground.

Yep, saw some pollen coming in here too. I also think it's goldenrod, there are a few dandelions around, too.

I let about 15 broccoli plants in my garden bloom this fall. The bees have been bringing in a ton of pollen these last couple weeks. 2012-11-15 12.52.10.jpg

mine were foraging like crazy today. didn't see any pollen, but their bellies were full coming home!
    journaling the growth of a treatment free apiary started in 2010. 20+/- hives

keswickb ,I saw the girls here bringing in pollen also about the time frame you stated. White in color and taste like chicken (well I just said that, the bees won't let me taste it) I assume if it is out there they will collect it, when the opportunity arises.

All this talk of pollen coming in and bees flying home with full bellies is cruel and insensitive to those of us who's bee's have had snow on the lids a half dozen times and won't see pollen for three months! I think you all need to trot off to sensitivity training! You brutes and brutesses!

Oh my! we are very insensitive, and they are bringing in loads today also,