Default Good pollen collectors

Today it hit around 60 degrees, and all of the hives were active with cleansing flights, orientation, undertaker duties, etc. A couple of hives were bringing in pollen. One in particular was very active in collecting pollen with about every third bee or so bringing in some nice orange pollen. MUCH more than any other hive. Which is somewhat surprising, given that there's not much (most would say nothing) flowering out there right now around here and it's been below 20 degrees the last couple of nights.

What's the chance that this is the only hive finding pollen right now? Not likely, huh? Or is it just the only one collecting it?

Anyway, I like it. This has been a good hive for me for a couple of years so far. I think I'll raise some queens next year

Default Re: Good pollen collectors

There are some dandelions blooming somewhere out there, and that hive found them.

I saw some dutch clover in bloom at work today, along with some henbit. A bit early for spring, though....

Peter

Default Re: Good pollen collectors

Quote Originally Posted by psfred View Post
    There are some dandelions blooming somewhere out there, and that hive found them.

I saw some dutch clover in bloom at work today, along with some henbit. A bit early for spring, though....

Peter
    Yup I have dandelions blooming on the south side of some of my buildings too.