Default I'm a new Southwest Bee Keeper

Hello,
    I'm new to bee keeping and live in a small rural town 90 miles Northeast of Las Vegas, Nevada. I'm looking for other bee keepers who live in the Nevada/Arizona/So. Utah area. I'm following the advice I have seen that says, "READ, READ, READ", but I don't find much about Southern Nevada/Southern Utah Bee keeping. Please let me know if you have this type of experience; I don't want to recreate the wheel.

Default Re: I'm a new Southwest Bee Keeper

Welcome Bunkerville! There's beekeepers from all over the place on this forum. Hope you can link up with some local members soon.
    Jeanette

Thanks Jeanette for the kind words. I agree I should be able to find someone close, but I hope to learn from everyone. I don't know if beekeeping is that different from region to region. Thanks for the "welcome".

Welcome BBK! Much of beekeeping practices is universal worldwide. Regional differences are due to climate and nectar flows.
    americasbeekeeper.com
    beekeeper@americasbeekeeper.com

Quote Originally Posted by AmericasBeekeeper View Post
    Welcome BBK! Much of beekeeping practices is universal worldwide. Regional differences are due to climate and nectar flows.
    I hope so. This forum will be invaluable. I am concerned and have questions with the heat we have here, which easily gets 110F+ in the summer. I big on calendaring, so I need to know when to extract honey.

Hi Bunkervillie
    I am in Las Vegas, Nv there is a Las Vegas foreum so they can help I too am new and found someone in AZ to buy bees on this foreum. I just made contact 2 days ago. will keep you informed.

Quote Originally Posted by dizzybee View Post
    Hi Bunkervillie
    I am in Las Vegas, Nv there is a Las Vegas foreum so they can help I too am new and found someone in AZ to buy bees on this foreum. I just made contact 2 days ago. will keep you informed.
    Sounds good dizzy. Let me know. Thanks, BBK