I am going to try and build hives over the Winter to use this Spring. I am wondering what kind of metal and what gauge should I use for the 2 inner edges of the deeps that the frames will be set on. The ones that came with the hives I purchased last year are very thin and somewhat bendable. The closest thing I can think of would be thin sheet metal that can be purchased at hardware stores. Sheet metal is quite difficult to bend by hand(hand tools) in a short 1/2 inch width, though. I am hoping that making all my boxes will end up being less expensive than buying it all. Thanks, juzzerbee.