Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ground Lease

Default Re: Ground Lease

>>All the neighbors at the new house have pools. You can see where I am going with this.

loud and clear, yikes
    Ian Steppler >> Canadian Beekeeper's Blog
    www.stepplerfarms.com

Quote Originally Posted by JMP View Post
    However, my friend is willing to let me put my bees on his land and will be more comfortable with a written agreement in place.
    There are links to several different "outyard" agreements in this earlier thread.
    http://www.beesource.com/forums/show...yard-agreement
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

Thanks for all the replies so far. I agree it's a real pain to draw up paperwork and then deal with the associated issues but the reality is that it's all about CYA these days. However, my friend is willing to let me put my bees on his land and will be more comfortable with a written agreement in place. I have to respect his request. No fees, just a simple agreement.
    If his land wasn't so perfect and close to my new home I would look elsewhere.

Unfortunately I am moving to a residential neighborhood from 27 acres of forestland. Put my house on the market and it sold in two weeks. Left me in a lurch. All that was available in the area was a home in a residential area. All the neighbors at the new house have pools. You can see where I am going with this. So I will suck it up for a year, deal with the lease issue and then move into a new home on a larger piece of land with no neighbors.

IMHO it's putting up the Bear proof fence will be a real pain. I know their are a few BEARS South of the Quabbin

BEE HAPPY Jim 134
    Last edited by Jim 134; 11-30-2012 at 08:19 AM.
    Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA.
    http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Jmp,

I am in your shoes as well, I moved from 80 acres of farm land into town this year as well, my house and everyone else around has a pool and I have a park with a play structure right next to my house, so not a chance of even keeping a nuc at my house!

My bees are currently 35 minutes from my house but will be moving them closer, about 10 minutes from my house in a few weeks weather permitting. That will be much nicer!
    Coyote Creek Bees

or you could keep 8 hives 35 min away, and 8 hives 10 min away, lol
    www.stepplerfarms.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    or you could keep 8 hives 35 min away, and 8 hives 10 min away, lol
    No way Ian, it's already a pain in the butt finding time to get out to the bees as it is! With the bees much closer ill actually be able to dabble in grafting! Plus there is a lot more forage out where my bees are going to be soon!

However, if the crop looks good next summer ill move about four or six hives into the star thistle for that honey crop!

How's your winter looking so far?
    Coyote Creek Bees

hard to tell at this point, the bees went into the shed looking good
    but there is alot of winter ahead, they will be set out in April, and ill be able to tell how they managed then
    www.stepplerfarms.com

my friend is willing to let me put my bees on his land and will be more comfortable with a written agreement in place.
    What does your friend want in the paper? Seems like anything we might suggest would be meaningless. What does your friend want?
    Mark Berninghausen "That which works, persists."

I wouldn't allow anyone to use my property without some type of agreement that would hold me harmless if they hurt themselves or if someone working with them hurt themselves. What happens if the beek leaves a gate open, what happens if someone steals the hives, what happens if we have an arguement and I kick him off my land? How long does the beek have to remove the hives. What is considered abandoned property.

I agree that a handshake should be enough for gentlemen but if the beek does this for a living he has to be protected. If he enters my property, hurts himself possibly due to my negligence is it worth getting sued for a couple quarts of honey?

I used to use a club's dark sky site for star gazing. We signed a "hold harmless" agreement everytime we passed the front gate.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12