Default Glenn Apiaires Going out of Business

In a conversation with Tom He let me know that they were retireing and will be taking no orders for 2013. I made my order for some remaining queens. The bee community has just lost a pure strain of genetics no one else can compete with. He is recognized accross the world for what they have contributed. From now on the providers of the quality of bees will be open mated. There is nothing wrong with that I just liked the idea that I always new what I was getting. I will be looking for a new provider of pure bred strains and will be making a visit to there facilities. I have never purchased my queens from anyone else for breeding purposes. Now I want your help I want to find a new breeder. I have a yr to 18 months to find just that. Don't waste your time typeing anything Russells not interested in dealing with someone who can't keep their word. Again I wish Tom and Suki the best in retirement and there future whatever that may be. My dealings with them was always great and a man of his word.

Default Re: Glenn Apiaires Going out of Business

Hello Riverratbees
    Look at VP Queens Adam and Kelly, will have II vsh queens 2013 for sale.Thay do great work with II queens.I have seen there work of II Queens .Have queens that thay II on my bee yard.(VSH)
    Great Queens Great People. VP Queen Bees is the web page #301 662 4844
    7standsbeefarm.com
    Jim
    Last edited by popsjim; 11-28-2012 at 03:54 AM. Reason: add web page

You can also check out Sue Coby and Joe Latshaw. Both have very good bees, but are much more expensive than Tom was.

I have been using both Glenn and VP queens for the last 2 years and I think the VP breeders last longer.

Johnny
    "Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by camero7 View Post
    but are much more expensive than Tom was.
    Might that be why the business is folding, rather than being passed on or sold?
    44 years, been commercial, outfits up to 4000 hives, now 120 hives and 200 nucs as a hobby, selling bees. T (mostly).

Tom retired for family reasons.
    He sold his bees and breeder queens very easily!

Adam Finkelstein
    www.vpqueenbees.com

I am very sad to hear Glenn Apiaries is retiring. I have a queen of theirs who has been the finest queen a beekeeper could ever have. This Queen Mum is 2 1/2 years old now, and I will let her live her life out in dignity, or as long as her daughters let her. Her genetics are superior. I wish the Glenns every blessing. - Sande