Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: What in the world is tipping my hives over? Solutions?

Quote Originally Posted by jdmidwest View Post
    Natchez Shooting Sports. Come with a 90 day warranty. I have 2 running in my yard and another watching the rabbit pen at the farm. They have good lighting and are sensitive, photos are not as sharp as the ones I use for deer. Just look for Primos 35 refurb on the website.

http://www.natchezss.com/index.cfm
    Menards has deer cams $35 an $50 this week
    "Wine is a constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy" Ben Franklin

Now is the time to buy a deer cam, all kinds of specials. Some of the cheap ones are just that, low pixels, regular flash, smaller picture coverage area. Look for one with infrared flash and at least 3 megapixels. I have a Tasco and a Wildgame I use for the deer, both are 5 MP. The ones around the house and rabbit pens are Primos 3 MP.

I'm late to the party but all your windbreak and 15 pound rocks aside the wind down in cheyenne whips like a bastard. It will blow semi's completely off the road in the blink of an eye. I think 60mph gusts would topple a hive regardless of a pallet fence. Maybe I'm wrong but **** that Wyoming wind!!!
    We the willing have done so much with so little for so long we can now do anything with nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    I'm late to the party but all your windbreak and 15 pound rocks aside the wind down in cheyenne whips like a bastard. It will blow semi's completely off the road in the blink of an eye. I think 60mph gusts would topple a hive regardless of a pallet fence. Maybe I'm wrong but **** that Wyoming wind!!!
    That is a good consideration. It was gusting at around 50 mph on those days. That could be it. I have an eye on some good cams, just in case, though. You are right in your thoughts and speculations about the wind; right on!

P.S. I like your signature line.

Quote Originally Posted by westernbeekeeper View Post
    That is a good consideration. It was gusting at around 50 mph on those days. That could be it. I have an eye on some good cams, just in case, though. You are right in your thoughts and speculations about the wind; right on!

P.S. I like your signature line.
    Wagnerian harmony at the Apiary ...

I dusted flour around the hives, 4 feet around in every direction. Went to the yard this morning, and my little nuc was knocked over, with nothing but rabbit tracks in the dust. We just had pretty high winds, so I'll assume it was that, but I still would like to get a game cam. There was no damage to the nuc; I had it tightly rachet-strapped together, and the bees seem to be fine.

Ben, what kind of rabbits do you have out there?

Ha ha ha! Just cottontails, but I do follow your train of thought.