Thread: Maxant?

Hybrid View

Default Maxant?

Does any one know if Maxant is going to offer free shipping for the holidays? I am going to order a 16gallon bottling tank. Was going to go with a Maxant or a Kelly tank while they have free shipping. Jake are you around today???

Default Re: Maxant?

why not email Maxant and ask??

Jake may give you free shipping anyway since you're a Beesource member. Send him a PM.
    President, San Francisco Beekeepers Association
    www.habitatforhoneybees.org

Quote Originally Posted by johng View Post
    Does any one know if Maxant is going to offer free shipping for the holidays? I am going to order a 16gallon bottling tank. Was going to go with a Maxant or a Kelly tank while they have free shipping. Jake are you around today???
    Let me know what you find. I would like one also for Christmas. It would go great under the tree.

Quote Originally Posted by EastSideBuzz View Post
    Let me know what you find. I would like one also for Christmas. It would go great under the tree.
    ESB, you mean it woul go great with that 20 frame radial in the bedroom...right???

Quote Originally Posted by SPRUCE BEE View Post
    ESB, you mean it woul go great with that 20 frame radial in the bedroom...right???

No silly, it is in the dining room now where all good extractors are kept. Wife said either you or it out of the bedroom.

It wont fit through the doorway (29inches) into the spare bedroom which I have turned into my honey room. I have 30 or so boxes of Deeps that yet need to be extracted and the honey warmer (Temp controlled converted Refrigerator). Knotweed and some BB. All the fireweed 3 pallets of deeps is going to be extracted at my friends house on his big cowen 60 and 300 gallon holding tank. Not sure if I will bucket or barrel it.

I emailed, them I was asking here because I did not think anyone would be at Maxant today. Because I was going to order from Walter Kelly while they had free shipping. But, wanted to go with Maxant first since Jake has such a great reputation for customer service.

Maxant emailed me back. They said they have not made a decision on whether they were going to offer free shipping or not this holiday season. So I went ahead and ordered a bottling tank from Kelly.

Quote Originally Posted by johng View Post
    They said they have not made a decision on whether they were going to offer free shipping or not this holiday season. So I went ahead and ordered a bottling tank from Kelly.
    What is the link to the ones you were comparing. If they are not doing free shipping I will have to go to Portland and pick it up since it is typically the same price as they list. Since there is no sales tax that is great also. Dont think you have that luxury in FLA.

The Maxant one is $999 + shipping, and the same at Kellys is $1225 with free shipping? I'm confused. Did the OP achieve any savings?

Quote Originally Posted by odfrank View Post
    The Maxant one is $999 + shipping, and the same at Kellys is $1225 with free shipping? I'm confused. Did the OP achieve any savings?
    Since you haven't bought extractor or bottling equipment since 1903 you're probably not aware of today's shipping cost.

Actually, I have never bought any extracting or bottling equipment. I have picked it all up from beginners with big fantasies who crash and burn when they figure out it is not the get rich quick scheme their dreams and spread sheets indicated it would be.

I hope you're not referring to ESB, he's a good guy and certainly not cheap and greedy like someone else I know.