Thumbs Up How does Mann Lake do it?

I just ordered 40 -8 frame deep box's from Mann Lake with of course FREE shipping. My shipping info was emailed to me stating my order was 327.4 LBS!

I had ordered 20 of the budget 8 frame deeps a couple weeks ago to see what the quality was. You tell me.

I think the quality of their budgets are better than their selects a few years ago. They use to have hand holds that were consistantly blown out on one side from ether a dull blade or were shoved through too fast.

The only thing thay do that drives me crazy is they have these great sales. I hate to buy too much before it may come on sale, but then if I wait the price may go up! I picked up 60 budget deeps and 60 shallow box's for a great price a few months ago. $8.50 for the deep 10 frames box's, $5.75 for the medium supers and the quality was just as good.

I give Man Lake a thumbs up on quality and customer service

Default Re: How does Mann Lake do it?

I also appreciate Mann Lake's equipment. They are my sole source except for the rare item they do not carry. Whether or not their quality is affected by the fact that they are employee owned I am not sure, but I appreciate that facet as well.
    Solomon Parker, Parker Farms, ParkerFarms.biz
    11 Years Treatment-Free, ~25 Colony Baseline

Quote Originally Posted by Lauri View Post
    The only thing thay do that drives me crazy is they have these great sales.
    If I recall correctly they have a sale on extractors around Christmas every year. They won't confirm that they'll do it again this year. I'm nervously waiting...
    I second your opinion on the improved quality of their budget boxes.
    Last edited by cg3; 11-19-2012 at 07:29 PM. Reason: budget boxes great deal
    Politics is the entertainment branch of industry. -Frank Zappa

No complaints here very good to work with and if you have a problem they fix it ASAP and free shipping to boot.

I'm very happy with Mann Lake.
    I have a love hate relationship with the Bee-Blast e-mails.
    Ex. I really hope they have boxes on sale again just please not before Christmas!

I too order most of my stuff from Mann Lake. But not boxes anymore. I started using Shastina Millworks out of Oregon this year at $7.50 per box. Very happy with quality and delivered in 2 days.
    Every thing else comes from Mann Lake.

Mike
    Beekeeper? Shoot, my bees keep me!
    100 hives in Western Wa State

Quote Originally Posted by cg3 View Post
    If I recall correctly they have a sale on extractors around Christmas every year. They won't confirm that they'll do it again this year. I'm nervously waiting...
    I second your opinion on the improved quality of their budget boxes.
    cg3, am looking for a 2 or 4 frame extractor any pointers u can give me?

@redhat- I'm not really the person to ask. My first year, with 3 hives, I used a plastic 2 frame extractor. It worked OK but by year 2, with 8 hives, I rented our bee club extractor, a 3 frame beater. It was better, but not great. This year, with 18 hives, I borrowed a Mann Lake 4 frame extractor and loved it. Still, it's a long, slow, sweaty process. I'd love to go motorized but it's not in the budget right now.
    My point would be that you're always going to want the next step up, get the best you can afford. Alternately, rent or borrow.
    Politics is the entertainment branch of industry. -Frank Zappa

Thanks cg3, I like your answer. BTW it seems ur hives are growing by leaps and bounds.

I love ordering from Mann Lake but will not order any more boxes unless they conform the size to match those available from Dadant and most other suppliers.
    Gary

I order alot from Mann Lake, but can't understand why the plastic bears in the bulk don't come under free shipping when boxes, frames, foundation, ect does, and they are alot heavier??

Last time I knew, any order over $100.00 was shipped free from Mann Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by BeeTax View Post
    I love ordering from Mann Lake but will not order any more boxes unless they conform the size to match those available from Dadant and most other suppliers.
    They use 7/8" wood in their boxes.
    BeeCurious
    Trying to think inside the box...

Quote Originally Posted by BeeCurious View Post
    They use 7/8" wood in their boxes.
    Their boxes are good quality but the outside dimensions do not match the other boxes I have. They will work but I prefer more standardization.
    Gary

I just spoke with Ed @ Mann Lake, he was a nice guy and very helpful. I ordered 100 deep frames unassembled, and 100 medium frames unassembled. They look great, and FREE SHIPPING over 100$. This is my first time assembling these frames, they almost square themselves up as you glue and staple they together. I dont have a jig but im gonna do about 20 or so a day. It didnt really take me that long. Im SUPER happy with them, and thats where im going to buy my supplies from here on out. Free shipping is the deal breaker. Great quality frames

Quote Originally Posted by BeeTax View Post
    Thats why I just stick with Mann Lake, one supplier, same sized boxes!! And the money you save on shipping alone can pay for more bee stuff!!! Imagine how much it would have cost Lauri if she had another supplier send her 300+ lb order to her!!

Im also partial to Mann Lake becuase I can be to their store in an hour!!
    Coyote Creek Bees

i use mann-lake for a lot of my stuff. just got 5 nuc box`s from them. need a copule hundred frames. i am well satisfied with them!!!!

Last week my wife called ML Woodland with an order for our club raffle tonight.
    I was amazed it was on our doorstep the day after she ordered it.
    Dan