Default Weather in Mississippi

I see the queen supplier in MS I deal with is not on the forum these days. I assume that is because he is busy and doesn't need bothered. How is the season going down there? Is it running late? On time?

It is too late for it to be an early spring up here but just a little behind average. My bees aren't as far along as they were last year but we had a very light winter. Glad I am not anywhere east! ND and on east along the high line is still very snowy!

Default Re: Weather in Mississippi

weather has been wonderful this past week cloudy and windy sat. cool, windy and sunny sun and today.

not sure where bees are as far as what they should be doing however I did hear someone talking about having qeens hatch last week.

who do you deal with?

Broke T He advertizes here, but I imagine his dance card is full these days. I am just curious and if it is really late spring down there, I can step up my worrying schedule. I have nucs sold that need his queens.

Just picked up 6 pails of honey from Philly last Monday and they appeared to be about 2 weeks ahead of us as far as blooms, if winter will go ahead and leave us.

He was making up nucs when I was down but the weather went from 82 down to 62 in about 15 minutes may have shut things down for a bit.

I figured he must be too busyfor chit chat. Glad to hear it is spring. It didn't get to 46 here til after noon and freezes hard most nights---for a quite a while yet. I have seen 80 in March here, but I have also seen -20 the last half of April! So you folks are definately into spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Vance G View Post
    Broke T He advertizes here, but I imagine his dance card is full these days. I am just curious and if it is really late spring down there, I can step up my worrying schedule. I have nucs sold that need his queens.
    Talked to him several weeks ago. He was getting ready to crank things up. We have been so cold in mts of VA, I think we are 3 or 4 weeks behind last year. I delayed my order from him based on slow build up. Hard to do splits when the bees aren't far enough along.

flying weather has been sporadic so far this spring. the blooms are 3-4 weeks behind last year, as are the number of bees in the hives. no new wax yet either.
    beekeeping since june 2010, +/- 20 hives, tf