Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

sausage stuffer to squeeze honeycomb?

7K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  alblancher 
#1 ·
Anyone ever tried to squeeze honeycomb with a sausage stuffer? I can't see why it won't work, especially if honey is warm, any thoughts, Thanks, Mike

#5 ·
I hope you dedicate a new sausage stuffer to comb squeezing! I try to be real careful when I clean my verticle stuffer but I can always find a bit of missed grease on it somewhere. I do wonder how the honey would be affected if you picked up a bit of Listeria or E Coli from the stuffer?

#6 ·
Probably effected about as much as your next round of sausage. I'd have to say that even in the most cleanliest environments you will find bacteria growing. If you don't think this is true, then I would refrain from eating out anywhere except your own kitchen where atleast it's your bacteria.

#19 ·
I'm not that fanatical about the meatless sausages. I normally use hog casings (like everyone else) but I have also used the collagen cases to make seafood sausages. Not sure if that qualifies as "meatless" but there again I'm not that strict with religious traditions. If some one is concerned with the meat in sausage they can use fiberous casings or hog casings and simply remove them before eating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.