Dog tuned in to bee venom?
A little Yorkie-mix dog came into our lives this spring. He LOVES chasing and eating honeybees...stalking them in flower beds, leaping at them in flight, and chewing them up and spitting out their carcasses in the driveway. I don't know if he's not getting stung (would find that unlikely) or just doesn't notice or care. He doesn't pay any attention to the hive, where he could have a bee buffet if he chose.
That's weird enough.
But the other day, I got stung on the side of my knee. A few minutes later, as I sat on the couch, the dog sprinted right up to me and zeroed in on the sting, licking it obsessively.
Is this dog addicted to bee venom? Anyone with similar experiences? I'm very amused, but at a complete loss for explanations!