Default 1st hive Almost complete :)

Well woke up this morning and was on a mission. got all the supers screwed and glue together and inner cover built. The bottom board put together and everything stacked up. Only thing left to build is The outer cover and didn't start on it as I couldn't find the tin snips.

Default Re: 1st hive Almost complete :)

Now the waiting for bees part. Don't forget to give it a coat of paint or wood seal. outside only. Make sure your top cover comes down far enough to keep the wind from blowing it off..and add weights.
    I'm not tense, Just terribly, terribly alert!

Reminds me I need to put another coat of paint on those boxes I'm repainting green for the back lot! Been a busy day, forgot, and I'll have to do it tomorrow since it's gonna get too cold by the end of the week.

Building equipment is fun!

Peter

BG thats the same thing I was thinking. Waiting for the first bees was one of the hardest parts for me. My guess is Insideout will have to build some more hives just to help with the bee fever that is bound to set in.

Was thinking about making an outer lid heavy enough so no stones where needed on top. Maybe double/triple up the plywood on top before putting some tin/aluminum top on it ?? Would significantly help insulate it....
    Honey is the best thing ever discovered ! www.greenanything.net/honey-bees.php