Default the 'not a thread' thread

ramona posted this in another thread:

"I have laughed so much during this thread...not at anyone just at the funny way all the parallel posts are interweaving and all the interesting historical themes, political, religious, everything! Am loving all the personality that has come through the posts as well...has been feeling like being at a really good party where you hear a whole bunch of interesting/funny conversation going on around you and you know at the end of the party you'll have a lot to talk about on the car ride home.

Mark, what is it with guy beekeepers and quilting? I have never heard you mention this before! There is a guy in our club who also quilts but we knew him as a beekeeper for 10 years before we found out that not only does he quilbt but has an entire floor or his house for a studio...his wife had her own quilting studio on another floor....she wasn't a beekeeper.

Ramona "

i also thought it was kind of neat the way the conversation was twisting and turning.

not unexpectly, the off topic discussion was moved to tailgater, but not everybody was able to move there with it.

so, as an experiment, here is a thread that's not a thread. no topic, and being in 'coffee klatch', no subject is taboo.

anybody interested in seeing where this can go?
    journaling the growth of a treatment free apiary started in 2010. 20+/- hives

Default Re: the 'not a thread' thread

Ah, actually there are a lot of subjects that are taboo. Each forum has a description of acceptable topics.

Coffee Klatch: Share and seek information on hobbies and interests other than beekeeping.

As long as the topic fits this description, carry on.
    Regards, Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Ah, actually there are a lot of subjects that are taboo. Each forum has a description of acceptable topics.

Coffee Klatch: Share and seek information on hobbies and interests other than beekeeping.

politics and religon would seem to fall under 'interests other than beekeeping', but now that i have ready the sticky on 'coffee klatch', i see that those interests are taboo on this forum

thanks for opening up tg for me. i see that politics is ok on that one.

i apologize for breaching etiquitte.

i will look for the posts that have been 'moved' there.

and now that i have visit tg, that is where a thread like this belongs. no need to carry on here.

Life in general does not go as planned. Sometimes the threads don't either. Don't get "the big whoop" with staying "on topic." So many threads don't, but aren't moved. So many do get moved that just took a small turn. To me, it's all conversation. Who cares if it takes a turn?
    Zone 7b ~ Central Arkansas
    8fr medium equipment

it can be really neat when it does, and i feel like barry excercises pretty good balance when it comes to this, by not being overly strict about it.

i don't think i've seen things get out of hand since i've been a member. but i have seen references to the past where it has.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post

What makes a discussion of historical things fit for TG and not CK. Seems like history is more of a hobby than a religion or something political.
    Mark Berninghausen #youmatter

I think it fits quite nicely with "Discussion specific to Societal Issues/Current Events, Politics and Religion" and not with "This is a general beekeeping forum to discuss all the various topics on beekeeping."

History fits well with societal issues.
    Regards, Barry