Default beads of honey outside of capped honey stores

I just took apart a dead hive. A number of the frames full of capped honey have little beads of honey on the surface of the cappings. Is this from fermenting honey, or possibly a symptom of the small hive beetle larvae? I'm seeing no signs, yet, of SMH larvae. Am going to rotate frames through my freezer but this will take some time. Not sure if this honey will be spoiled and not suitable to feed back to bees in spring. If not from SMH, what would cause this?

Default Re: beads of honey outside of capped honey stores

Just an idea. Could you be looking at condensation on the cappings. If the hive was dead. There would be no bees generating heat. The hive should cool at night. The honey in the capped cells would be the last part of the hive to warm up in the morning. The cooler honey could cause condensation. The only place it could collect would be the caps of the cells as that is the only part exposed to the air.
    Just a thought.
    Old Guy in Alabama

That's a good conjecture, but there is some liquid dripping down from those frames and it is sweet tasting. Not as thick as honey, but it's definitely coming out of those capped cells. I can't quite tell if it has an off flavor.

i've never seen it, but fermenting honey frames from shb damage are described as having a 'slime' on them, as opposed to beads. could yellow jackets or some other 'robbers' have poked small holes in the cappings?
    journaling the growth of a treatment free apiary started in 2010. 20+/- hives

I would think you have some drips going on and you're just seeing some droplets that stuck to the caps.

I suspect that it could be drips of honey from then you break burr comb in the hive. One question that I have been meaning to ask on here is how to stack cut comb supers (I'm thinking that I'm going to have to put paper between the supers). I have found beads of honey on the cappings when I stack them waiting to get them cut up.