Re: autopsy of a dead out
i think it is possible, but when i look back in my journal, the strong split ended up with more bees in it at first, making me think it had the original queen. (i placed the two hives facing each other a few inches apart when i made the split).
sounds like you made some good moves there with yours.
yep, i still have one or two that are iffy, and i may be a little late in getting to them.
not too worried though, now that i have gotten comfortable with making increase. plus, i like the idea of culling out the nonresistant genetics.
journaling the growth of a treatment free apiary started in 2010. 20+/- hives