Default Edmund Fitzgerald

On 11-10-75 the Edmund Fitzgerald sank in Lake Superior. Here is a good tribute: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgI8bta-7aw

Tom

Default Re: Edmund Fitzgerald

Nice post. My cousin Vincent was lost when the Pride of Baltimore went down in May 14, 1986. When I hear that song I think of him...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=Q0DqPSF2fyo

"On May 14, 1986, returning from the Caribbean, what the United States Coast Guard later described as a microburst squall, possibly a white squall, 250 nautical miles (463 km) north of Puerto Rico struck the Pride. Winds of 80 knots (150 km/h; 92 mph) hit the vessel, capsizing and sinking her. Her captain and three crew were lost; the remaining eight crewmembers floated in a partially inflated life-raft for four days and seven hours with little food or water until the Norwegian tanker Toro came upon them and rescued them.

A memorial on Rash Field in Baltimore's Inner Harbor memorializes the Pride's lost captain and crewmembers (Armin Elsaesser 42, Captain; Vincent Lazarro, 27, Engineer; Barry Duckworth, 29, Carpenter; and Nina Schack, 23, Seaman)."

Nice post Tom. Brings back some old memories.
    To everything there is a season....

I was surprised at the age of the crew (shown in the end). There was about 5 guys in their 20’s and more in their 60’s.
    “Why do we fall, sir? So that we might learn to pick ourselves up” Alfred Pennyworth Batman Begins (2005)