Default November Beekeeping in SE MO.

Nov. 9 here in SE Missouri. Temps were in the 70's today and will be for the next few days. The girls were out getting their exercise. Still bringing in pollen from something dark orange.

I had pulled the solid bottom bar out of my Kelley Hive stand earlier this week and noticed a dead wax worm, so I decided to do an inspection while the weather was warm. All comb good, no sign of infestation. There was a new frame of capped honey that was not there a few weeks ago when I checked. Brood frames were filled with uncapped honey for the most part. Brood production seems to have come to a halt. I still have them in a single 10 frame deep with 9 frames installed.

I made them a new 4" cedar box with a 1/2" hole for a top entrance this winter and took the feeder off. I made a new main entrance reducer with a 3/8" gap out of cedar and installed it too. Things are looking good for a hive that was down to approx 5k bees in late Aug with no brood due to the drought. The numbers in the hive have over tripled since then.

Default Re: November Beekeeping in SE MO.

That sounds like the same weather and activity we are having in costal South Carolina.
    https://www.facebook.com/stevesbees99
    Please visit my page, Thanks

That is going to change tonight. Strong Cold Front coming in with some snow. Been so hot and windy all weekend, I did not even try to harvest a deer on opening weekend. I just let them all walk. Hopefully, cooler weather is coming. I noticed some goldenrod still blooming today on one of our farms.

We got the cold and some rain but glad we did not get any snow, keep it up north as long as you can.

The snow passed around us, did have some flash frozen ice this morning on truck. Back up to 50 today, 60's later this week. May still have some flowering plants for another week.