Nov. 9 here in SE Missouri. Temps were in the 70's today and will be for the next few days. The girls were out getting their exercise. Still bringing in pollen from something dark orange.
I had pulled the solid bottom bar out of my Kelley Hive stand earlier this week and noticed a dead wax worm, so I decided to do an inspection while the weather was warm. All comb good, no sign of infestation. There was a new frame of capped honey that was not there a few weeks ago when I checked. Brood frames were filled with uncapped honey for the most part. Brood production seems to have come to a halt. I still have them in a single 10 frame deep with 9 frames installed.
I made them a new 4" cedar box with a 1/2" hole for a top entrance this winter and took the feeder off. I made a new main entrance reducer with a 3/8" gap out of cedar and installed it too. Things are looking good for a hive that was down to approx 5k bees in late Aug with no brood due to the drought. The numbers in the hive have over tripled since then.