Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Default Re: Is Beekeeping broke?

Quote Originally Posted by jim lyon View Post
    They occasionally send people like Herb out on recruiting sorties.
    Come on in Peg... we need fresh ideas... or is that fresh meat...
    “Don’t tell me how educated you are, tell me how much you have travelled.” - The Quran

Quote Originally Posted by hpm08161947 View Post
    Come on in Peg... we need fresh ideas... or is that fresh meat...

thanks herb, i'll choose my battles carefully.
    journaling the growth of a treatment free apiary started in 2010. 20+/- hives

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I'll be moving a bunch of posts to TG.
    He's afraid of what I'll have to say about quilting.
    Politics is the entertainment branch of industry. -Frank Zappa

No one who gains access to TG is forced to participate and you won't even see anything listed on Today's Posts or anywhere, unless you have Posted on a TG THread. You have to go to TG to see if a new THread has appeared there. It has always been something someone would have to open to see what's going on, just like any other Thread or Forum, which is why I don't understand why people are so threatened or intimidated by TG.

squarepeg, you don't have to go to Tailgater to find out that no one likes you.
    Mark Berninghausen #youmatter

Quote Originally Posted by sqkcrk View Post
    squarepeg, you don't have to go to Tailgater to find out that no one likes you.
    thanks mark, and just when i was holding out hope that maybe that's where they all were!

you are correct about tg not showing up on the regular list when you look at 'what's new'. i just created a new 'favorites' button on my browser.
    journaling the growth of a treatment free apiary started in 2010. 20+/- hives

Wow turned this thread into a chat room.
    Brian Cardinal
    Zone 5a, Practicing non-intervention beekeeping

Quote Originally Posted by Acebird View Post
    Wow turned this thread into a chat room.
    It looks more to me as though it has run its course. Until you posted...it had been a couple of days since anyone bothered and since yours (and mine) are both off topic...I'm thinkin' this horse is dead.
    Dan www.boogerhillbee.com
    Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards

Quote Originally Posted by beemandan View Post
    I'm thinkin' this horse is dead.
    Broken, broken, broken! Let's imagine that we are in power to change everything so, both bees and humans could benefit from alliance. What you would do differently if money/space/government is not an issue?

What I would do? Let me think.
    - I would probably regulate bees as a wild animals. I would grant them rights to swarm and occupy available household. If bees choose the place, landlord must provide decent living conditions for the bees. Landlord has the right for 50% of honey, 100% propolis and wax.
    - I would also recognize bees as a national "living monument". Bees worked very hard helping early emigrants to survive. They needs to be acknowledged at Thanksgiving tables.
    - We should create a "national bee". Not EHB but American HB, AHB. It is not patriotic to relay on old European emigrants, or even worse - Brazilian ones!
    - I think, bee needs to be represented more prominently in official symbols. For instance, official seal of City of Santa Monica contains flying airplanes - I would replace airplanes on bees - it would represent SMs desire to be "green" better than smelly lead-fueled outdated aircraft!
    - OK, this is controversial: I would create the Bee-Institute in similar way how NIH established. It supposed to create reasonable policies for the bees and beekeepers. I am not sure how it would work since all other "institutes" are not very efficient... broken...
    Серёжа, Sergey

Is Beekeeping broke? Nah, just some of ones who jump too fast without capital! (cash flow).......
    http://OxaVap.com
    Your source for the Varrox Vaporizer, "One of the highest ranked" by R. Oliver

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789