Default Bee Quick or recipe for repelling bees

Just did my first cut out this past weekend and was unable to locate the queen. Most of the bees have made it either into or in front of the box I left where their brood is now located. There are still some clumps of bees on the wall where they were cut from. I am assuming that using some bee go or bee quiick would help in this process. Where do I find some or make some with almond oil I think?

Default Re: Bee Quick or recipe for repelling bees

check those clumps of bees for the queen!!!

Looked at the Mann Lake catalog this morning and it shows that they have the Fishers Bee Quick 8 oz bottle for $13.45.

JR..BackYardPhenomena..Others... I encourage everyone, to try a product, before deciding if they like it or not. But, since this is a Forum where individuals share their experiences, I will have to say, I have NEVER found Bee Quick to be effective for anything. Perhaps others have. Just my experience with this product.

Bee Go will work, but, you need to work with it, six miles away, upwind, utilizing a 400 million cubic foot per minute exhaust fan, then secure the bottle in an atomic radiation proof container, that will secure a products half life for 35 million years. It's BAAAAAAD

cchoganjr

Mr. Hogan
    That is the best put statement about BQ I have ever heard but remember it will make your truck smell nice.
    Ed, KA9CTT profanity is IGNORANCE made audible
    you can`t fix stupid not even with duct tape

Ditto on Hogan & honeyman's comments..........
    http://OxaVap.com
    Your source for the Varrox Vaporizer, "One of the highest ranked" by R. Oliver

I agree with Cleo, Bee Go is bad stuff (it works but bad stuff). I had a guy that thought he knew everything about bees hanging around my bee yard. He was really getting in my way and being aggravating, after many attempts of trying to be nice about not needing his advise or help, I dropped a couple of drops of BG on his truck floorboard and he hasnt been back since,,,,HAR HAR HAR.

Post deleted by cchoganjr. Misread the comment about BQ.

cchoganjr
    Last edited by Cleo C. Hogan Jr; 11-07-2012 at 04:41 PM.

Thumbs Up Re: Bee Quick or recipe for repelling bees

Its not unusual to have a few bees accumulate after a takeout. They can ususally be vacuumed. I went back last week for a cup full of bees. Just scooped them with my bare hand, it was chilly so they sort of clumped together, only one sting but they were out of the homeowner's way. Make a makshift vacuum if you need to, just be careful of too much suction.
    LeeB
    I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up :)

Quote Originally Posted by Cleo C. Hogan Jr View Post
    honeyman46408......If BQ makes your truck smell nice, where have you had that truck???? HA!!

cchoganjr
    I dropped a couple of drops of BG on his truck floorboard
    Compaired to drops of BG it smells good.

I had a conversation(on beesource) with the guy that"made" BQ and he told me I didn`t know how to use it, I said I guess not it was 90 degrees and sunny and I could pull honey from 3 hives with BG before I could pull one with BQ
    Ed, KA9CTT profanity is IGNORANCE made audible
    you can`t fix stupid not even with duct tape

honeyman46408 ...I owe you an apology. I misread your post as Bee Go, rather than Beequick. Yes, BeeQuick does indeed smell good, and it would make almost any truck smell good.

I tried BeeQuick on several different occassions a few years ago, on cutouts, harvesting, and on stored equipment in the barn that I wanted the bees to stay away from. I just didn't find it to be effective on any of these applications, but, it does smell good. I hope I don't discourage anyone from trying it. It may work for you, just did not work for me.

My apologies to you and your truck.

cchoganjr