Re: "treatment treadmill"
I am not a chemist but I do know that when high concentrations of a chemical are used the chemical combines with other components that may remain. Yes the formic acid may evaporate but what did it leave behind? Do you have proof that there are no residuals? I realize that formic acid may be a soft chemical by itself and could possible be used with out long lasting effects in the equipment but is there a beekeeper who treats only using formic acid? I doubt it. It is like saying I smoke but but I don't inhale.
Originally Posted by Oldtimer
Zone 5a, Practicing non-intervention beekeeping