Default Unassembled deep hive bodies

Looking for a source for custom hive bodies with no hand holds on the front and back (small sides), also need reasonable shipping rates. Mann lake will not make custom boxes. I'm looking for about 40 boxes.
    Thanks

Default Re: Unassembled deep hive bodies

You might want to check with Ike at Forest Hill Woodworking in Paradise, Pennsylvania. I recently had some custom-sized boxes that I wanted. Mann Lake wasn't interested, but Ike's shop turned them out quickly and all were perfectly done. He returned my calls promptly, and acts like he values my business. Imagine that.

I'm strongly considering using Forest Hill for all of my wooden ware in the future. Phone: 717-806-0193.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroBee View Post
    Looking for a source for custom hive bodies with no hand holds on the front and back (small sides)
    If you'are doing this to put cleats on, I just put them over the hand holds. Works just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by snl View Post
    If you'are doing this to put cleats on, I just put them over the hand holds. Works just fine.
    Thanks, but no, I'm not trying to put cleats on. I'm making a version of queen castles and I don't want the saw kerf to cut through the hand hold.

PM me if still interested. I am in Chapel Hill, NC and can custom make what you want. Actually I don't use the hand holds. I usually put a 1"x2"x15.5" handles across the front and back, but we could always put them down the sides or something else. I am actually looking into building some of those queen castles for me with dividers to try and increase my bee population this summer.

Buzzing,

Thanks for the reply. I did find a supplier to fill my needs for now. I may need more in the future and will keep you in mind.
    Horseshoe Point Honey -- http://localvahoney.com/