Default Queen cells into laying worker colony

If you put queen cells into a laying worker colony, what will happen? The laying worker tries to swarm with some of the bees? The laying worker will kill the cells? The laying worker will get superseded?
    If you think anything organic is good for you, go drink some organic solvents.
    geek, learning how to be a beek

Default Re: Queen cells into laying worker colony

I've never tried it, but if I did, I'd put it in with a frame of open larva. I think I'd put in a frame of open larva for 3 days and then insert the queen cell ready to emerge. As to your questions and forecasts... I think they would not swarm, but would either accept the virgin or kill her.

I'll put my money on the queen.

Cheers,
    Drew

As a queen breeder, I encounter laying worker mating nucs all the time. If the nuc rejects the cell I give them twice in a row, without winding up with a laying queen, they'll have laying workers. My solution is to re-cell them. More often than not, the cell will be accepted and the nuc will be queen-right 16 days later.

In my experience they will accept the new queen most but not all of the time.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF